Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough spot for anything ... I'd worry about dripping kalkwasser past or Aiptasia-X into those blastos . . .

~Bruce, pulling for the nudibranchs . . .

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough spot for anything ... I'd worry about dripping kalkwasser past or Aiptasia-X into those blastos . . .

~Bruce, pulling for the nudibranchs . . .
Bruce,

It is a hard spot and the Berghia Nudibranch's have already wiped out everything around that coral.
Could super gluing it and sealing in inside be a way to go like Reefwiser said. I hate to see it suffering and it's been in my reef for along time.

Thanks, Freddie

AquaCave Logo Banner

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need your guys prayers to push the Berghia Nudibranch's to take it home!!! We've got two to go and holding my breath. ;Wacky ;Nailbiting ;Dead

They can either eat it or die of hunger, I'm gonna be optimistic and say it will be their last meal ;Vamp

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nudi's puttin' in work!

Thank you Hybrid,

It's been amazing how fast they've done the job when you look back from post #44 until now.

I've never tried a file fish or Copperband, Do they to the job as good as the Nudi's have done?

Thanks for your support and we are all part of the R2R family that pulls for each other.

I hope your family and "big sister" are doing well and it's exciting for you and us too.

Our first child had 3 month "Real Deal" colic and one of the reasons that the other one game 8.5 years later and was a sleep freak. My wife said I don't know what to do after the first one.
I said, Lets enjoy it. :)

I would not wish anybody the Real Deal colic and you just get used to live with sleep deprivation. My wife is a nurse and she tells me the medical field has come a long way with "The Colic".

Thanks, Freddie

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

prsnlty

Jackie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Hybrid,

It's been amazing how fast they've done the job when you look back from post #44 until now.

I've never tried a file fish or Copperband, Do they to the job as good as the Nudi's have done?

Thanks for your support and we are all part of the R2R family that pulls for each other.

I hope your family and "big sister" are doing well and it's exciting for you and us too.

Our first child had 3 month "Real Deal" colic and one of the reasons that the other one game 8.5 years later and was a sleep freak. My wife said I don't know what to do after the first one.
I said, Lets enjoy it. :)

I would not wish anybody the Real Deal colic and you just get used to live with sleep deprivation. My wife is a nurse and she tells me the medical field has come a long way with "The Colic".

Thanks, Freddie
When my oldest was 9mo (1978) he came down with it have way between Florida and NJ... what an awful drive that was!!! We were going "home" for the Christmas holiday. (1st year married- homesick for snow lol)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my oldest was 9mo (1978) he came down with it have way between Florida and NJ... what an awful drive that was!!! We were going "home" for the Christmas holiday. (1st year married- homesick for snow lol)
Jackie,
There is noting like "The Colic" and you could time our oldest with a watch from 10pm until 3am for 3 straight months. One night she did not stop crying until 6am and I'm still holding down a job. One night she slept all the way threw. We jumped up out of bed the next morning to check on her and she was fine and the Colic had past, for good. :)

I know that you wanted to see how the Nudi's worked out and I'll let you make the call. If you go the same route please call Lisa at Salty Underground and follow her lead.
To me, I feel like it has been a winner and one option to consider. Seems like yesterday that we put them in the reef and really could not expected any better results than what we've seen.

Thanks for taking the ride with me and I feel like we've all learned something along the way.

Freddie

prsnlty

Jackie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aiptasia in my 180 [emoji26] [emoji26] one huge one and about 7- others. I originally had 2 for over 2 years then I made the mistake of trying to kill them!!! The 29 gallon that is my grandson's is overrun with them and I spotted two in the seahorse tank yesterday grrrrr. You know I think if they charged it a little less for the berghia nudibranchs that more people could afford to buy them and they would still make that much money or more. You know, the less-is-more mentality... [emoji19]

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days I'm not ignoring anybody deliberately. I've just been very, very busy. And you know how it is once you get on the forum you can't get off! LOL While I'm sitting at the mechanics in the morning I'll probably be here [emoji12]

Your tank is looking absolutely fantastic Freddy I'm so glad those little critters are doing such a good job!! I have had and still have some apt Asia between some of my paly's and zoa's annoying them and yes it is very difficult to kill them in that situation. I think if you just give it time those little guys will eat them up too.
Jackie,
There is noting like "The Colic" and you could time our oldest with a watch from 10pm until 3am for 3 straight months. One night she did not stop crying until 6am and I'm still holding down a job. One night she slept all the way threw. We jumped up out of bed the next morning to check on her and she was fine and the Colic had past, for good. :)

I know that you wanted to see how the Nudi's worked out and I'll let you make the call. If you go the same route please call Lisa at Salty Underground and follow her lead.
To me, I feel like it has been a winner and one option to consider. Seems like yesterday that we put them in the reef and really could not expected any better results than what we've seen.

Thanks for taking the ride with me and I feel like we've all learned something along the way.

Freddie

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

prsnlty

Jackie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe my phone remembered what I I had already typed out when Tapatalk froze up on me just as I clicked send!

Yes I'm very interested and I'm glad you did what you did with them it's working out very very well for you [emoji2]

And yes that ride to New Jersey was the worst trip I think I have ever taken. Then when we got there the Mother-in-law was screaming at us because the baby was screaming LOL so we had to take the baby to the hospital to appease her after such a long trip. Nope I will never forget it.....

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aiptasia in my 180 [emoji26] [emoji26] one huge one and about 7- others. I originally had 2 for over 2 years then I made the mistake of trying to kill them!!! The 29 gallon that is my grandson's is overrun with them and I spotted two in the seahorse tank yesterday grrrrr. You know I think if they charged it a little less for the berghia nudibranchs that more people could afford to buy them and they would still make that much money or more. You know, the less-is-more mentality... [emoji19]

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days I'm not ignoring anybody deliberately. I've just been very, very busy. And you know how it is once you get on the forum you can't get off! LOL While I'm sitting at the mechanics in the morning I'll probably be here [emoji12]

Your tank is looking absolutely fantastic Freddy I'm so glad those little critters are doing such a good job!! I have had and still have some apt Asia between some of my paly's and zoa's annoying them and yes it is very difficult to kill them in that situation. I think if you just give it time those little guys will eat them up too.
Jackie,
They are very expensive and when my (lfs) kept them in 2012, they'd almost give them away. Now days, They sell more of the Life Rock than Live Rock so they just don't keep them like they used to.
If you can find a local reef club member that keeps them, you could get a great deal on a herd of them.

Last edited:

prsnlty

Jackie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackie,
They are very expensive and when my (lfs) kept them in 2012, they'd almost get them away. Now days, They sell more of the Life Rock than Live Rock so they just don't keep them like they used to.
If you can find a local reef club member that keeps them, you could get a great deal on a herd of them.
The closest Reef Club to me is 1:15 away :( I have a friend in South Central Florida the may be able to get some to me. I'm going to ask him about it as he's offered in the past. Shipping with in Florida isn't so bad.

CLICK TO VIEW

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had loads of aiptasia a while ago and still have an odd one.

I started killing them with aiptasia X every week at water change. I then added 2 peppermint Shrimps to the tank but for a long while they didn't seem to make any difference so I sort of forgot about them. But having just read these last posts I realise that I haven't added aiptasia X for months and there are virtually no aiptasia in the tank if any so I guess they are quietly doing their job with no fuss at night time.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my store:oops:
I had this beautiful anemone (really aiptasia) and I was so psyched that I had a anemone growing in my DT for free. It was big, it was also actually really cool floating around, but the clown were not hosting and the more I read I had a one really big aiptasia:rolleyes::D:D.
I start the process of try to kill it, and I did with the Aiptasia X. But before the guy aiptasia we down it released a boat load of spores. About a week later my aiptasia farm started to grow. Went out and bought 4 peppermint shrimp and those guy laid down on the job, or were on strike or something.:D So the next step was a choice of copperband or Matted File fish. After some more reading I went with the Matted filefish and Matt aka the matted filefish cleaned out the DT in about two weeks. Matt never touch the corals but decided to go floor surfing one night, and was replaced by Hunter Matted filefish #2 for the reason I have a aiptasia pop up every once in awhile and it is gone again.

Moral of my story, get a Matted file fish, they do not eat your coral if feed mysis, and the are cool look fish:)

prsnlty

Jackie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had loads of aiptasia a while ago and still have an odd one.

I started killing them with aiptasia X every week at water change. I then added 2 peppermint Shrimps to the tank but for a long while they didn't seem to make any difference so I sort of forgot about them. But having just read these last posts I realise that I haven't added aiptasia X for months and there are virtually no aiptasia in the tank if any so I guess they are quietly doing their job with no fuss at night time.
Glad to hear it :) I've never had luck with peppermint shrimp probably because I have wrasses. Been threw 3 bottles of aiptasia x in the 29g and it's just getting worse. At first they look to be gone but a week later there's 15-20 more added to the family lol

Avast

prsnlty

Jackie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a matted filefish once but he only hid and ate only mysis. I understand they can be hit or miss.

I love how well the berghia are doing for Freddie! I am going to ask my friend if he can round up a handful for me [emoji12] If he can't then I may try another filefish for now,

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pull the piece out and then when I see the small brown aptasia I just glue the b*ster down. :)
Lol. :)

Reefwiser,
Are you still using the SÖCHTING OXYDATOR?

Thanks, Freddie

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrMichael @prsnlty

Gonna ride it out the Berghia nudibranchs and see if they find the one in the blasto.
If they can't find it over the next couple weeks. Then Super Glue may be the way to go.

Lisa said when they get real hungry, then you should see them roaming around during lights on to find whats left over.
Still have not seen one since that first day. :)

I also could move the blasto to were I've seen the most carnage over the last couple of days. :D

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrMichael @Maritimer @hybridazn @reefwiser
(lol)
Just got home from work and was just about to do the weekly water change. Looked at the blasto and the big one in it is gone. Looks like there's a tiny one in there to the right.

0714171716_HDR.jpg

Yeee Dog!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

PremiumAquatics.com
Back