Got new corals from a tank with cyano, what do I do?

fr3n0z

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guy, I bought few discosoma from a guy that is dismantling his tank (I live in the mountain, very hard to get corals so you get what you can). He have a cyano outbreak since it did not care anymore of the tank. He gave me the disco attached to some rocks with some cyano in it. I do not have dip it products.

How do I introduce the disco to be fairly sure to not have problem? I detach them with a razor? My tank is a 10g nano and does not have algae problem ATM.

Also, I would like to keep those rocks in case I need them in future, can I boil them to clean them up?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano is in every tank so I would just brush and shake it off. The main thing I'd be concerned of is the rock leaching phosphate since you said he didn't care for the tank anymore.

BRS
OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano is in every tank so I would just brush and shake it off. The main thing I'd be concerned of is the rock leaching phosphate since you said he didn't care for the tank anymore.
well that could actually be good since my rock are sucking po4 like if there is no tomorrow (tank is fairly new) and i can't get a reading in po4 (tested with 2 different tests).

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back