Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im about to finish my reef tank build but the one part that has eluded me is the Nuvoskim Skimmer. it seems that it is always out of stock. so i was wondering if anyone had and ideas of alternative skimmers that will fit in the IM Nuvo Fusion 20g tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people like the Icecap K1, Tunze, and eshoppes nano skimmers. I have the K1 in the back of my 30L and it’s great, but I had to put it in at a weird angle. Nonetheless it’s a great skimmer.

If I’m remembering correctly, the K1 can fit into the 20 as well, but I think you might need to remove the ring or something like that.

azpharmd1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people like the Icecap K1, Tunze, and eshoppes nano skimmers. I have the K1 in the back of my 30L and it’s great, but I had to put it in at a weird angle. Nonetheless it’s a great skimmer.

If I’m remembering correctly, the K1 can fit into the 20 as well, but I think you might need to remove the ring or something like that.
Which chamber do you have the K1 in on your 30L? I wanted one that would fit in the second chamber and I couldn't get it to fit with the magnet/brace on. Black screw sticks out about 1/4-1/2" too far.

Nutramar Foods

Acros

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Does it skim wet or can you get it to skim dry?

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it in my second chamber. For reference, the magnet is positioned on the opposite side, and I do not use the other magnet to secure it (it would be in the display, and it’s a snug fit so there isn’t a need ). Here is a picture:
Which chamber do you have the K1 in on your 30L? I wanted one that would fit in the second chamber and I couldn't get it to fit with the magnet/brace on. Black screw sticks out about 1/4-1/2" too far.
4FC0E871-A63F-4EDA-9405-57942A456687.jpeg

Does it skim wet or can you get it to skim dry?

Yes, I am not sure if you can tell from the picture, but my skimmate is incredibly, incredibly dark. I had the IM skimmer and hated it, it was always an incredibly wet skim and would look like slightly tinted water. I’m much happier now, and so is the tank!

A8199BA7-9743-4D8E-B686-1424064D9C57.jpeg

Acros

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have it in my second chamber. For reference, the magnet is positioned on the opposite side, and I do not use the other magnet to secure it (it would be in the display, and it’s a snug fit so there isn’t a need ). Here is a picture:

View attachment 2514593

Yes, I am not sure if you can tell from the picture, but my skimmate is incredibly, incredibly dark. I had the IM skimmer and hated it, it was always an incredibly wet skim and would look like slightly tinted water. I’m much happier now, and so is the tank!

View attachment 2514604
That is a beautiful tank. So many rock nems.

CLICK TO VIEW

azpharmd1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet tank! So do the suction cups on the bottom of the pump reach and sit on the bottom? Looks like a fairly snug fit and good skimmate. With it not being secured by the magnet, does the skimmer move around much or rattle? Were you able to get the screw on the brace? It stuck out a tad too far when I tried to put it with the magnet on hte backside. If those are AI Prime's what intensity do you run the individual colors? Sorry for all the questions - I appreciate your input :)

azpharmd1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2514593

View attachment 2514604
Sweet tank! So do the suction cups on the bottom of the pump reach and sit on the bottom? Looks like a fairly snug fit and good skimmate. With it not being secured by the magnet, does the skimmer move around much or rattle? Were you able to get the screw on the brace? It stuck out a tad too far when I tried to put it with the magnet on hte backside. If those are AI Prime's what intensity do you run the individual colors? Sorry for all the questions - I appreciate your input :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back