Goniopora infection?

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this goni up from my lfs 2 weeks ago and it had no issues when it was first introduced. Has been healthy up until I noticed this patch of white flesh earlier today. Possible infection?

spielco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following. Was about to post about my Goni closed up. Been 6months thriving and has shut for the last 3 days now. Not sure what the heck happened

Attachments

• IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 34

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The one next to it looks good!

Goni is just weird. I have 14 of various sizes and out of all them there is one that did the same thing. Months it was fully extended..maybe 1.5-2” tentacles. Then it stopped extending but had polyps open like yours for almost 2 months. Now it’s back to extending daily but it’s about 1” long tentacles.

The other 13 Goni in the tank unaffected. I do notice they are very sensitive. If I move one it can be weeks before opening back to normal size. For all you know a hermit crab could have walked in it and now it’s just scared/pizzed off and needs time to feel comfortable again

spielco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s what I’m hoping as well. The closed one was double the size of the one next to it so it caught me by surprise. Yesterday I did lift him from the base to make sure nothing got under it to bother him but he was clean. Crossing my fingers he’s just being a bit of a butthole right now lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just picked this goni up from my lfs 2 weeks ago and it had no issues when it was first introduced. Has been healthy up until I noticed this patch of white flesh earlier today. Possible infection?

Need brighter lighting. Cant tell if this is tissue or Mesenterial filaments. These guys need moderate light, flow looks good but also addition of aminos and occasional addition of Manganese and feeding very important. Reef roids and even liquids such as Polyp lab extender is sufficient

OP
OP
CocoReef

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need brighter lighting. Cant tell if this is tissue or Mesenterial filaments. These guys need moderate light, flow looks good but also addition of aminos and occasional addition of Manganese and feeding very important. Reef roids and even liquids such as Polyp lab extender is sufficient
Ill move it up a little higher and see if anything changes. I just cut back on feeding reef roids and phyto to try to combat some hair algae so that very well may be the issue. Thanks!

OP
OP
CocoReef

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not sure what the tissue was but giving it more flow seemed to do the trick. That tissue patch died off but the rest of the goni is doing much better in the new spot

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back