Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this Goni maybe 3 months and it seems to be just surviving rather than thriving. When I first got it, it looked good and had good extension. It eventually started to look shrunken the majority of the time. I did have it pretty high up in the rockwork so I lowered it. And then it started to look like the picture attached. One weird thing I’m noticing now is it only opens when the lights ramp down. Now I don’t have some super lights I have 2 ai primes. So idk what’s up with that. It also started to open a bit more when I hit it with some reef roids and also turned my skimmer off for a few days cause I was constantly getting if not zero dang near zero pho and nitrates.

IMG_2039.jpeg

CLICK TO VIEW

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’ve had this Goni maybe 3 months and it seems to be just surviving rather than thriving. When I first got it, it looked good and had good extension. It eventually started to look shrunken the majority of the time. I did have it pretty high up in the rockwork so I lowered it. And then it started to look like the picture attached. One weird thing I’m noticing now is it only opens when the lights ramp down. Now I don’t have some super lights I have 2 ai primes. So idk what’s up with that. It also started to open a bit more when I hit it with some reef roids and also turned my skimmer off for a few days cause I was constantly getting if not zero dang near zero pho and nitrates.

View attachment 3175320
Elevate it in the tank in path of medium water flow which keeps sediment off of them. Additionally, add amino 3x a week and manganese occasionally and moderate light . Also assure phosphate is not elevated
This is one of mine:
7B1694E4-AA55-4964-86A9-E987484D3C3A.jpeg

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my phosphates are low if not zero. And I had it in the middle and it didn’t like it. Lowering helped, but still not fully opening. But show more life than it did when it was higher. And I dose ab+ and phytoplankton.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back