Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed some water around the base of my tank and dripping down the cabinet. Upon further inspection it seems the right panel of my IM SR80 has shifted near the back corner (pics attached). So what that makes me think is that this can empty out onto my floor at any time. I checked the seal and its split open until about half way down.
Soooo now I will begin emptying my tank. In order to reseal the panel, would I have to empty the entire tank and remove the pane to reseal it? Or could I just redo the bead thats on the inside corner? Thanks

20230408_201908.jpg
20230408_201915.jpg
20230408_201902.jpg

Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+8 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only way to do the job correctly is to take the tank completely apart, clean all old silicone off and re-build it from scratch.
If the seal between the glass panes has been compromised, then a layer of silicone on the inside corners will not do the job.
It may hold for a few weeks or months, but eventually it will fail

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

dusty16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at the other side it seems to be similarly placed and not flush. For now I have reduced water level to about 40% of normal while I try to figure out what to do. Taking apart the tank and resealing it would take over a week to cure. I don't have anywhere to put my livestock. Nor do I know how to do the entire reseal.

j.falk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used 5 gallon buckets, brute totes, rubbermaid tubs and plastic garbage cans for storing livestock in an emergency and never lost anything.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

dusty16

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a new tank.
I've only had this one for a year :( Going to try and find someone who can help me out locally with the tank.

I will look into the rubbermaid tubs. Thats probably the best bet right now. Do any rubbermaid ones work or does it have to be a specific plastic?

Nutramar Foods

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had this one for a year :( Going to try and find someone who can help me out locally with the tank.

I will look into the rubbermaid tubs. Thats probably the best bet right now. Do any rubbermaid ones work or does it have to be a specific plastic?
Contact IM directly...

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back