Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a two-part question and I don’t know if it is better to separate them or not. I am the proud new owner of a red C 300 tank! I have been in the hobby for roughly 8 years now and this is an amazing Maserati beast!
I am noticing the past few days, even though I clean the glass in the morning by the afternoon, the green haze is instantly back. Where I don’t mind spending time with her and wiping at twice a day… Is there something specific causing this that I can change?
Question two, what is the best, safest, and non-hazing cleaner to use on the outside of the glass? What do you all use?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae magnets and scrapers don't remove algae from a tank they just knock it off the glass and as you're seeing it can redeposit quickly. To physically remove algae both from hte glass and from the system I like to use the blue paper shop towels using each one for only one or two swipes before tossing it. You can get at auto parts stores and home improvemnt stores but most paper towels that hold up when wet will work fine. It is a bit tedious and can drip a lot so have a bucket ready. On the occasions I use this method I only do it once a week and rarely have to wipe a tank down fo rmore than a few weeks to see a huge improvement. For the outside I use a CLEAN dry cotton towel. Any liquid cleaner (besides the risk of killing fish and corals) only spreads the salt film and a lot may be need to dilute it enough not to notice. The sam e problem with damp towels. A dry towel won't dilute the salt film but will pick it up.

Corals.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi, I have a two-part question and I don’t know if it is better to separate them or not. I am the proud new owner of a red C 300 tank! I have been in the hobby for roughly 8 years now and this is an amazing Maserati beast!
I am noticing the past few days, even though I clean the glass in the morning by the afternoon, the green haze is instantly back. Where I don’t mind spending time with her and wiping at twice a day… Is there something specific causing this that I can change?
Question two, what is the best, safest, and non-hazing cleaner to use on the outside of the glass? What do you all use?
You may get variable answers based on favorite products. I placed leds in front of tank about a month ago. I was cleaning front glass about every 5 days and now every two days. My Flipper and mighty magnets are working but flipper due to blade. Also, Magic Eraser ORIGINAL. . . Not scented does a great job.
For outside, spray bottle with vinegar is my go-to

OP
OP
justjes45

justjes45

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may get variable answers based on favorite products. I placed leds in front of tank about a month ago. I was cleaning front glass about every 5 days and now every two days. My Flipper and mighty magnets are working but flipper due to blade. Also, Magic Eraser ORIGINAL. . . Not scented does a great job.
For outside, spray bottle with vinegar is my go-to
Thanks so much! I use the vinegar but wasn’t sure if that was ok… never thought of the “magic eraser “… that is not toxic?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks so much! I use the vinegar but wasn’t sure if that was ok… never thought of the “magic eraser “… that is not toxic?
No , in fact many LFS sells them for $1-2 as algae sponge and you can buy a 4 pack for under $2. I use them frequently

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back