GHL Mitras vs Neptune SKY - Which One Would You Pick?

BRS

GHL Mitras vs Neptune SKY or Other

• GHL Mitras

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Neptune SKY

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other (Explain Below)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Reef Psychology

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which light... and controller type, would you pick for a 24"x24" tank, SPS top to middle, plus LPS and some softies at the bottom. Radion's are too expensive and AI's don't have the spread I'd like. The blades are interesting, but I really want to cut things down to just one fixture that will blanket the tank in diffused light. Time is of the essance as BRS's sale ends soon. Thank you!

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never owned neptune, but have had ghl mitras. Between both of those. Which one has the spectrum you like? Ghl hasn't made any changes in years and are not blue heavy. Not sure on neptune. Maybe some people can chime in.

I would look at led bars as well. Might be good option. You can add as needed and start with a couple bars.

juiceguy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never had the Mitras but owned the Sky and it provides a good spread, it has a generic T5 look. I was not 100% satisfied with the Sky's and ended up getting Reefi Uno's, the Uno provides more power and has more channels to customize. Also a lot cheaper!

OP
OP
Reef Psychology

Reef Psychology

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never owned neptune, but have had ghl mitras. Between both of those. Which one has the spectrum you like? Ghl hasn't made any changes in years and are not blue heavy. Not sure on neptune. Maybe some people can chime in.

I would look at led bars as well. Might be good option. You can add as needed and start with a couple bars.
How do you like the Mitra’s programming and lack of dedicated app? Seems a little tedious, but more customizable.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I loved the Mitras configuration and programming. I had to plug in the cable from the unit to my laptop, but that is not a big deal. You have to plug in allot when tweaking the lights in the beginning. But once its dialed in, its not like I ever did any changes on a regular basis. Its easy to setup and loved the programmability.

They are a unit that is upgradable if they ever come out with new pucks. So that is also a plus on the mitras.

OP
OP
Reef Psychology

Reef Psychology

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I loved the Mitras configuration and programming. I had to plug in the cable from the unit to my laptop, but that is not a big deal. You have to plug in allot when tweaking the lights in the beginning. But once its dialed in, its not like I ever did any changes on a regular basis. Its easy to setup and loved the programmability.

They are a unit that is upgradable if they ever come out with new pucks. So that is also a plus on the mitras.
Thanks! I’ll be looking for specials.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back