GHL Mitras LX 7206 color mismatch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Saith

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what could cause one channel of a Mitras LX 7206 light's color to not match with other light's color?

I have three Mitras LX 7206 lights for my tank. I bought 2 from BRS a little over a year ago. Then I got a 3rd light from GHL during their Memorial Day Sale about a month ago. The light I just purchased from GHL gives off a different color for Illumination Channel 4 than the first two lights from BRS. I just opened all the lights when I setup the tank about 3 weeks ago, so they all have the same number of hours in use.

The color for the illumination channel 4 is way different on the 7206 I just bought. It is closer to blue than white. All three lights are setup as slaves to the P4. That means they should all behave the same, correct? I checked to make sure all three lights had the same Energy options settings.
I also made sure all the modules actually all had the same LEDs on. Is there anything else I'm missing that could cause this?

I am thinking either they changed the LEDs they use or the wrong LEDs somehow got installed on the modules.

Here is a picture with the lights set to 40% for illumination channel 4. It is way more noticeable in person. In the picture you can see the right light's LEDs aren't as white as the other two and you can see the rock inside the tank is it more blue on the right.

PXL_20220723_211608357.MP.jpg

ChuckTownReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tryed to just setup up the lights using only the lights and set up one as the master and the other 2 as slaves? When I tryed to set upnmine through the profilux I had problems also but not like this. Also have you opened up a support ticket with GHL?

Cali9dub

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your lighting schedule goes from more blue to white or vice versa check to make sure that there isn’t any offset number for that right unit. It might be delayed or ahead in the schedule by that offset amount causing it to have a different spectrum.

OP
OP
S

Saith

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tryed to just setup up the lights using only the lights and set up one as the master and the other 2 as slaves? When I tryed to set upnmine through the profilux I had problems also but not like this. Also have you opened up a support ticket with GHL?
Thanks for the suggestion. They are currently setup as masters. Well, the one on the left is a slave and the other two are masters. I created a ticket with GHL, but they are going to be out until August 7th or so.

If your lighting schedule goes from more blue to white or vice versa check to make sure that there isn’t any offset number for that right unit. It might be delayed or ahead in the schedule by that offset amount causing it to have a different spectrum.
Thanks for point that out. I actually noticed when I first setup the lights as slaves a few weeks ago that the one light was different. It was evening and I figured it was due to the offset and the light being at a different stage of ramping down. Now that I think about it, all three of the lights should have been different since they all have different offsets. Setting them as masters and putting the schedule so they are at 40% for the entire day has eliminated that as the problem. I also checked that the lights all had the same LEDs light up on the module.

Macca_75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect to the Mitras - I think you can set the "model" using GCC (switch between HV models, etc). My guess (only a guess) is setting the model will also assign LED's to a channel. At least this is true on the 6100HV's I have

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all 3 LX7s are set to "Master" mode, check the Royal Blue channel for the fixtures that look different from the other one. Chances are you have moon phase activated which is what causes the blue to show differently. Disable it and the colors should match across all 3 fixtures.

OP
OP
S

Saith

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect to the Mitras - I think you can set the "model" using GCC (switch between HV models, etc). My guess (only a guess) is setting the model will also assign LED's to a channel. At least this is true on the 6100HV's I have
Thanks for the suggestion. All the lights show up as the same model GCC, Mitras LX 7206. I am not able to make any changes to the "Type" field, where the model name is listed.

If all 3 LX7s are set to "Master" mode, check the Royal Blue channel for the fixtures that look different from the other one. Chances are you have moon phase activated which is what causes the blue to show differently. Disable it and the colors should match across all 3 fixtures.
Thank for your response here and in the ticket. I was surprised to see your response to the ticket since the first response said they were out until August. We can work on this in the ticket and I will update this thread once we figure it out.
I'll respond to your post though. I went through each LX7 individually and the P4 settings to make sure that every channel had the box unchecked for "Depends on moonphase." I tested with all the lights in slave mode and then in master mode and it was the same. I used the multichannel setup with only illumination channel 4 (Blue White) on.

OP
OP
S

Saith

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL sent out replacement modules for the light that was mismatched. I received them this week and swapped the modules out. Now all the lights match.

Thank you Vinny for your customer service and getting this resolved in a timely manner.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back