Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my doer back from GHL after they repaired it for water damage, and while I was able to calibrate it, I was not able to use it to run my KH Director. The first dosing head that pulls tank water would try to spin quickly, then freeze and make a buzzing sound. I sent a picture of the dosing head to a buddy and he said it was dirty, so I pulled the head apart, and sure enough, everything was dirty, and the rollers were chewed up. I ordered new tubing and repair kits from BRS, and I planed on rebuilding all the heads, but when I finally got done with the first head, I got the same result, which is THIS. Not sure what to do at this point. I assume I'd need to buy a new stepper motor, but maybe there is something else I'm supposed to do to get this to work properly. @Vinny@GHLUSA, if you know how to address this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support will be carried out in your ticket. Wrong PSU is likely being used, 12V instead of 24V.
Yep. That was the case. Still gotta clean/replace the rollers and tubing. Need the steps behind that.

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back