Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is GHA or Bryopsis, obviously hard to tell without microscope. I dosed reefflux about a week and a half ago and nothing yet. Have 2 tuxedo urchins as well on the CUC that aren’t making a huge dent. I do manual removal when I have a chance.

PO4 last test was .07
NO3 showed 0 on Hanna Nitrate HR test

AA4BFA62-FF63-4974-815E-5F36D25071CC.jpeg

Corals.com

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manual removal and keeping nitrates in check. Which is tough since the false readings, but getting them close to maybe 5 without bottoming out should starve the gha. I (fingers crossed) have not ever had to deal with gha personally, but I bet there are dozens of threads on here of different ways to combat it. @vetteguy53081 seems to have a good understanding of ways to fighting nuisance algae.

World Wide Corals

Roatan Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get you a Mexican turbo snail. I believe it’s 1 per ten gallons. They destroy GHA.
Not sure if this is GHA or Bryopsis, obviously hard to tell without microscope. I dosed reefflux about a week and a half ago and nothing yet. Have 2 tuxedo urchins as well on the CUC that aren’t making a huge dent. I do manual removal when I have a chance.

PO4 last test was .07
NO3 showed 0 on Hanna Nitrate HR test

View attachment 3058087

Manual removal and keeping nitrates in check. Which is tough since the false readings, but getting them close to maybe 5 without bottoming out should starve the gha. I (fingers crossed) have not ever had to deal with gha personally, but I bet there are dozens of threads on here of different ways to combat it. @vetteguy53081 seems to have a good understanding of ways to fighting nuisance algae.

Get your hands wet more often
Yep Yep....I've dealt with GHA a plenty, not as bad as this though...get a Shrimp net, or a fine micron net and when doing manual removal of GHA, go by sections at a time and then use said net to scoop particles out of tank...try to Scrub rocks, corals as much as you can, then scoop up free particles...keep doing once a week with at least a 10% water change...it will get better, but you have to commit to at least once a week of doing that.

Avast

olonmv

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep Yep....I've dealt with GHA a plenty, not as bad as this though...get a Shrimp net, or a fine micron net and when doing manual removal of GHA, go by sections at a time and then use said net to scoop particles out of tank...try to Scrub rocks, corals as much as you can, then scoop up free particles...keep doing once a week with at least a 10% water change...it will get better, but you have to commit to at least once a week of doing that.
Tried manual removal weekly, sometimes daily, for months and it just kept growing. Added the snail and there’s a huge improvement within 2 weeks. Dudes a GHA beast. Best part…..not having to manually remove anything.

Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back