Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank 1.5 years ago with dry rock. Somewhere in the middle of that period I decided to add more dry rock to it. The addition took my nutrients to zero which resulted in gha. While it’s not completely covered there is enough of it where my CUC can’t overcome it. My plan was just to keep dosing po4 and nitrates along with heavy feeding of meaty food. I was planning on continuing this route until the coralline algae covered everything. About a week ago my skimmer motor got plugged and I didn’t have time to get to it right away. I decided to leave the skimmer off for that whole week. The thing that I started to notice is the GHA started to recede. I would have not thought of turning off the skimmer before to fight the GHA. So just wanted throw this out as another thing to consider in your fight for a presentable tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank 1.5 years ago with dry rock. Somewhere in the middle of that period I decided to add more dry rock to it. The addition took my nutrients to zero which resulted in gha. While it’s not completely covered there is enough of it where my CUC can’t overcome it. My plan was just to keep dosing po4 and nitrates along with heavy feeding of meaty food. I was planning on continuing this route until the coralline algae covered everything. About a week ago my skimmer motor got plugged and I didn’t have time to get to it right away. I decided to leave the skimmer off for that whole week. The thing that I started to notice is the GHA started to recede. I would have not thought of turning off the skimmer before to fight the GHA. So just wanted throw this out as another thing to consider in your fight for a presentable tank.
Less nutrient export = more nutrients available in the water cloumn for corals and other things that outcompete the neussance algae :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back