Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am getting the Electrician to change all my plugs in the room to a 20Amp GFI outlets. The question that I have is has anyone had a problem with the GFI outlets tripping randomly and turning everything off in the tank because the plug needs to be reset. I have a few in my house that trip so easily when nothing is wrong it makes me nervous to plug all my tank hardware into them.

Brad508

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the gfis tripping old? Sometimes they just start going bad after awhile. And if you have one circuit with gfis on it and everything is plugged into it, yes if it over loads it will shut down whatever is plugged into it... Ask the electrician if they can do a load calculation on that circuit, it might not be the plugs it just might be overloaded.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with GFI’s tripping for no apparent reason. You may consider running a DC return pump which IMO is the most critical piece of equipment to a none GFI outlet.. on my current build everything is DC except my heater which is the only AC device in tank and the only thing I have on a GFI circuit.. I have a thermometer with alarm in case something fails with that.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

khushtram

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to replace your gfci it may just be old. I have every single device in my tank plugged into my gfci. Return pump included. My wife is always home to monitor my tank so i get to rest easy.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back