Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had my 15g last year and got dinos. finally beat it and then decided I wanted a bigger tank. dinos came in new tank straight away but I beat them within weeks.

now it's been a month a half since they came back a third time. my parameters are fine. my po4 hasn't bottomed out, I dose mb7, I do my weekly water changes, I dose po4 to keep it elevated. despite this absolutely nothing is getting better.

it's large cell dinos which is the same as last time. just don't understand why this time it's so difficult.

any advice would be appreciated.

my corals are growing still, at least the ones that didn't get suffocated and die from the dinos.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd stop the mb7. Can you post pics of how bad it is or describe it? Maybe add a bunch of copepods? Copepods have exploded in my nano and I wonder if it's from dosing reef enhance. Since I've never had that many pods before in a tank.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd stop the mb7. Can you post pics of how bad it is or describe it? Maybe add a bunch of copepods? Copepods have exploded in my nano and I wonder if it's from dosing reef enhance. Since I've never had that many pods before in a tank.
sorry got busy for a bit. I don't have photos at the moment I just cleaned it today. it's very bubbly and snotty on the rocks. barely gets on the glass. and it's snotty in the sand not bubbly.

pods seem like an expensive gamble

Top Shelf Aquatics

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry got busy for a bit. I don't have photos at the moment I just cleaned it today. it's very bubbly and snotty on the rocks. barely gets on the glass. and it's snotty in the sand not bubbly.

pods seem like an expensive gamble

Eh the copepods will either eat it or not and eat other microalgae :)

NOT TIGRIO PODS

Daenion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adopted the patriotic approach and used excessive force for my sand dwelling dinos.

Raised it to 83 degrees. 4 day blackout and started nuking with Dino-x. Was also dosing 1ml per gallon peroxide on dino x off days.

All clear now.

If you have stuff on rocks a UV would help the general process.

Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back