Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a softball size on 12-19-22 its still the same size but a little more dense. It is in a bare 20gal tank with great flow, chaeto does tumble. Any suggestions on have to get it to grow. Lights run for 9hrs opposite of DT
Tunze 8831 led light
Ph. 8.2
Mag. 1400
Alk 8.5
Cal 505
Nitrate 7.7
Phos .05
78 deg

AquaCave Logo Banner
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really help but some people have used chaeto grow with good luck. I have never used any supplement myself to grow chaeto. Mine grows like crazy under a hanging work light with an led grow light bulb. Mine also doesn't tumble so that isn't a requirement. Do you have much algae in the DT? I do have some hair algae in my tanks that the chaeto thrives in and my nutrients tested are very similar to yours but maybe I have some other elements or nutrients not measured that your missing :thinking-face: I'm not much at chemistry.

OP
OP
nobody

nobody

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really help but some people have used chaeto grow with good luck. I have never used any supplement myself to grow chaeto. Mine grows like crazy under a hanging work light with an led grow light bulb. Mine also doesn't tumble so that isn't a requirement. Do you have much algae in the DT? I do have some hair algae in my tanks that the chaeto thrives in and my nutrients tested are very similar to yours but maybe I have some other elements or nutrients not measured that your missing :thinking-face: I'm not much at chemistry.
I have some algae in the tank with the chaeto but none in the DT. Also
I have used the supplement for growth but sparingly.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back