Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have been out of the reef game for about 3 years and i'm planning to get back into things within the next few months. I still have some of my old equipment so i'm going to use a lot of that but as far as the tank/sump/stand, that will be all new. What i think i have settled on tank wise is the IM Nuvo 40 Black. Im going to build a custom stand that stands 3ft(36") off the floor and put the sump down below. I like this IM tank but REALLY wish it was low-iron but i cant seem to find a cube this size with that glass, anyone have a suggestion on that? I'm thinking a 20g sump/fuge in the bottom but i'm also having problems finding a cube big enough that is NOT a 20g Long. I want to have the ATO reservoir and all the pumps/skimmers/etc hidden down below as i've done in the past with the 40B tank i use to have. Does anyone have a suggestion for the cube sump? Possibly the Crystal Cube Sump 18 but its just a bit pricey for that small of a sump. I can make my own out of glass and acrylic if i can find a suitable glass tank.

For the IM Nuvo Tank, does the blue IM decal come off the front tank glass?

Equipment that i am thinking of so far:

• IM Nuvo Black - $191 (purchase)
  • Crystal Cube Sump 18 - $265 (purchase)
  • Modular Marine 800 GPH Low Profile - $109 (purchase)
  • 2X EcoTech MP10W - $0 (own)
  • Reef Octopus 150 Skimmer - $0 (own)
  • Return Pump - $0 (own)
  • 1X Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue - $239 (purchase)
  • Reef Angel Controller - $0 (own)
  • Fuge/Chaeto grow light? - $? (purchase)
  • BRS Dry Rock - $0 (own)
  • Heater - $? (purchase)

Im sure there are some other things i haven't listed so ill add those to the list as i go along. You guys have any suggestions on a build like this? Thanks!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have been out of the reef game for about 3 years and i'm planning to get back into things within the next few months. I still have some of my old equipment so i'm going to use a lot of that but as far as the tank/sump/stand, that will be all new. What i think i have settled on tank wise is the IM Nuvo 40 Black. Im going to build a custom stand that stands 3ft(36") off the floor and put the sump down below. I like this IM tank but REALLY wish it was low-iron but i cant seem to find a cube this size with that glass, anyone have a suggestion on that? I'm thinking a 20g sump/fuge in the bottom but i'm also having problems finding a cube big enough that is NOT a 20g Long. I want to have the ATO reservoir and all the pumps/skimmers/etc hidden down below as i've done in the past with the 40B tank i use to have. Does anyone have a suggestion for the cube sump? Possibly the Crystal Cube Sump 18 but its just a bit pricey for that small of a sump. I can make my own out of glass and acrylic if i can find a suitable glass tank.

• Return Pump - $0 (own)
  • Heater - $? (purchase)

Im sure there are some other things i haven't listed so ill add those to the list as i go along. You guys have any suggestions on a build like this? Thanks!
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy (1).gif

Looks to be a very promising build :) #WelcometoR2R

Avast
OP
OP
C

chachew

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
C

chachew

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
C

chachew

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of things got in the way and I didn't have much time to get the tank all dialed in. So now I'm restarting the tank and cleaning everything up. I moved it into my office since I have been working from home the last 6 months. Order and received my cleanup crew today. Have a few more odds and ends coming in this weekend.

I'm adding more live rock as we speak so that's not in the shot yet.

IMG_20200820_183527.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

• Return Pump - $0 (own)
  • Heater - $? (purchase)

Welcome back chachew.
Can't stay away forever.
Sounds like you have a plan

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back