Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been almost 10 years since I’ve had a tank and I’m ready to dive back in. it feels like so much has changed. I was previously a member of LivingReefs forum but it looks like there is not much activity on the forum now. All of my “go to” members have either left the hobby or stopped posting so I’m starting over again here!
I had a 90 gal FOWLR and some zoas but gave everything away when I left the hobby. Boy, was that dumb! I’ve started a list of all of the things that I will need and at least once a day I think to myself “oh yeah, I also need ..…”. Whew, I forgot how expensive the startup process can be.
First order of business is selecting a tank. I want glass, in the 125-150 gallon range. I will also be purchasing a sump/skimmer from LifeReef and considering adding a refugium.
I’m so excited to be back but also a little overwhelmed with all of the decisions. I started reading posts and looking at build threads last night. It’s so nice to have a group of people that are willing to share their experiences and knowledge.

CLICK TO VIEW

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Go with a 180 and be sure to start that build thread! I know that it can be overwhelming, but we're here to help. Feel free to reach out.

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
CLICK TO VIEW

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been almost 10 years since I’ve had a tank and I’m ready to dive back in. it feels like so much has changed. I was previously a member of LivingReefs forum but it looks like there is not much activity on the forum now. All of my “go to” members have either left the hobby or stopped posting so I’m starting over again here!
I had a 90 gal FOWLR and some zoas but gave everything away when I left the hobby. Boy, was that dumb! I’ve started a list of all of the things that I will need and at least once a day I think to myself “oh yeah, I also need ..…”. Whew, I forgot how expensive the startup process can be.
First order of business is selecting a tank. I want glass, in the 125-150 gallon range. I will also be purchasing a sump/skimmer from LifeReef and considering adding a refugium.
I’m so excited to be back but also a little overwhelmed with all of the decisions. I started reading posts and looking at build threads last night. It’s so nice to have a group of people that are willing to share their experiences and knowledge.
Welcome!!

I would suggest a refugium. I started using a refugium as my main source of filtration and it has worked wonders. Also the natural food it adds lets you keep some of the best fish in the hobby.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
World Wide Corals

UniqueFins

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second a refugium! Good luck and welcome back!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back