Get test alert when setting up notifications but not when perimeters are outside ranges

Neptune

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up notifications through Fusion on my phone, my brothers phone and my email. When I set it up I get the code thats sent, I enter it and then I send test and I get the test alert on both phones and email. But I purposely set all my perimeters out side the range for alerts and non of the three devises, my phone, brothers phone, and email never receive any alerts, am I missing a setting somewhere?
I even deleted all the devises twice and reset them up and exact same thing, code comes, set up works, test works, but still no notifications when all perimeters are outside the set levels.
I should be receiving alerts on TMP, Salt, Ph1
Thanks for any advice, I'm sure its just a setting somewhere that I'm missing.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you change your parameters - are you making sure to click the button 'submit to fusion' (or something like that - I don't recall. In other words - after you change your parameters - do you double check that the new parameters are saved?

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you change your parameters - are you making sure to click the button 'submit to fusion' (or something like that - I don't recall. In other words - after you change your parameters - do you double check that the new parameters are saved?
Yes, I push the changes to the cloud for fusion and they are saved.

AquaCave Logo Banner

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I push the changes to the cloud for fusion and they are saved.
How much time are you giving it between changing the parameter - and the alert? Have you changed the setting (some people set a delay of an hour or whatever) - to be certain that their 'alert' is really true. I might check that setting

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much time are you giving it between changing the parameter - and the alert? Have you changed the setting (some people set a delay of an hour or whatever) - to be certain that their 'alert' is really true. I might check that setting
I set the values yesterday, and deleted all devises this am and re-set up the 3 devises today. It’s been 4 hours. Still the only alerts were the test alerts at set up time.
Where is this “delay” setting you are talking about, I have never seen that setting ?
E

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set the values yesterday, and deleted all devises this am and re-set up the 3 devises today. It’s been 4 hours. Still the only alerts were the test alerts at set up time.
Where is this “delay” setting you are talking about, I have never seen that setting ?
E
Can you mention which values you set, and how (like with a picture of the fusion screen) - if you want just pick one of them. Did you use basic settings - or Advanced? Also - I'm assuming you don't have any call (message) or email blocking on your phones, etc

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the issue, KINDA.......2 things........ Looks like Apex doesn't send text to iPhone because its not SMS, its iMessage.
2 The Email alert tile was not drug down to the dashboard and turned on ( My Fault) . Getting Fusion notification on iPhones, but not an actual text.( Thats ok ) the Fusion app is now posting alerts.

I do think its weird that an AT&T iPhone and a Verizon iPhone in 2 different states does not receive a regular text

This doesn't work either from the comprehensive manual.
[email protected]

Says its too long wrong format.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that odd, as anyone that doesn't have an iphone, the iphone receives it as a normal SMS. it's only imessage from iphone to iphone.
That's what I thought ......... So odd, it has to be something I'm doing wrong.
Does anyone on Reef2Reef have an iPhone and actually get a text ?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for S & G's have you checked to see if "group messaging", and "MMS", and enabled?

I haven't had an iphone in years, but I know my wife had issues getting text messages on her iphone, from my android until AT&T had me flick those radio buttons on.

She would get iphone to iphone messages, but not regular SMS from my android.

AS
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back