Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have recommendations of power conditioners or EMI/RFI reducing strips?

I moved to a new place and have some suspicions about how good the electricity is here considering both my routers went down nearly one after each other. I also plan to buy a generator and everything is telling me that sensitive electronics do not play well with generator power unless it's run through something to help stabilize the power.

Top Shelf Aquatics

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FlyPenFly I have a whole house generator and still use UPS devices on my sensitive electronics for two reasons. First, it still takes a few min to transfer over to generator power so the UPS keeps things going during the changeover. Second always nice to have filtered line voltage

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have recommendations of power conditioners or EMI/RFI reducing strips?

I moved to a new place and have some suspicions about how good the electricity is here considering both my routers went down nearly one after each other. I also plan to buy a generator and everything is telling me that sensitive electronics do not play well with generator power unless it's run through something to help stabilize the power.
I live in a newer community but at the top of a mountain. We have constant lightning strikes and occasional power outages.

We have a 24kw Generac system.

I use UPS devices on all the computers and routers and switches in our home (kids do online live learning and wife works from home). I also use them on all fish tanks for the controllers and return pumps. It takes the generator about 10 seconds to kick on and so you don’t need a “big” UPS battery but you should size it correctly to the amp draw. I use an Apex with temp sensor and heating element so that particular UPS needs to be able to handle the heater, return, and apex. I think you are safe in the $120-$200 range depending on heater size (I think mine is an 800w heater). Obviously just plug the lights into the non-battery ports.

If you use an INKBIRD or heater/controller all-in-one, you can just plug it into a standard outlet and leave the more sensitive equipment on a cheaper UPS ($50-80). Be careful because at this price point many do not “condition” the output wave.

I love my generator. After enough nights of power outages and getting up and plugging in battery-powered air stones and wheeling out a portable storm battery and watching the clock as I know I only have about 3 hours before bad things happen… I love that it doesn’t even wake me up when the power goes out.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back