Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could even need all three depending on the size of the corals, shading, output, etc. Many heavy acropora folks with larger colonies (shadows) use a pair of those, or similar, over a 24x24 area. Many who keep other things or frags need even run a single on at a small percentage. It just depends, but having 3 is a good idea, even if one is a spare or for parts.

OP
OP
907FishGuy

907FishGuy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, those will be great. I would mount them back to front if possible and use all three. Make sure you try to use a PAR meter or set them low to start. I'm sure they'll work great.
I should have clarified I only have two. Might have to mount one on the side bc of my HOB overflow I'm setting up. But I think it would work.

Nutramar Foods

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have clarified I only have two. Might have to mount one on the side bc of my HOB overflow I'm setting up. But I think it would work.

Oh ok, I thought you said you had three. Then two mounted side to side will be perfect. In essence, the more coverage you can get the better. With what you're wanting to keep, two will be just fine.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back