Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I come from professional automotive photography (cars, trucks, etc). Have been shooting full time for about 5 years, once I got into reefing in early 2020 I fell in love with taking close ups of my corals! Going to use this thread to post some here every now and then.

I love helping out fellow enthusiasts so to anyone needing help shooting please feel free to ask!

BRS
OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC04539.jpg
DSC01324.jpg
DSC01495.jpg
DSC04577.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Corals.com

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BRS

Townes_Van_Camp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous photos!!! I am positive you practice witch craft now.

This may be the most frustrating part of this hobby. Everyone asks all the time about it, just like they ask about my new puppy. Well I get my phone out and show them all the pictures and videos of my giant schnauzer pup. But when the discussion is my tank, I break out my phone and show them windex colored photos with muddy details. Then I say it’s prettier in person.

you up on the other hand are showing details that even my eyes don’t capture. This tells me I need a macro lens. But they still won’t compare to what you are sharing with us. Sorry to gush.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous photos!!! I am positive you practice witch craft now.

This may be the most frustrating part of this hobby. Everyone asks all the time about it, just like they ask about my new puppy. Well I get my phone out and show them all the pictures and videos of my giant schnauzer pup. But when the discussion is my tank, I break out my phone and show them windex colored photos with muddy details. Then I say it’s prettier in person.

you up on the other hand are showing details that even my eyes don’t capture. This tells me I need a macro lens. But they still won’t compare to what you are sharing with us. Sorry to gush.
Thank you! As a photographer I’m never really happy with my photos but I try to learn and improve with every shot!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back