0   0   0
FS: Various Fish, Inverts, Zoanthids, and Hollywood Stunner Coral

UPDATED LIST (23 FEB 2013)
  • Chalk basslet: $10
  • Green Clown Goby: $5 SOLD
  • Spotted Watchman Goby: $10 SOLD
  • Tiger Pistol Shrimp: $10 SOLD
  • Pencil urchin: $5
  • Firefish (2): $15 for both (need to verify in good shape)
  • Zoanthids, Pink radial paly/zoa (similar to zombie eyes): $10 for ~15 polyps (loose); $20 for 30+ colony
  • Zoanthids, Tubbs Blues: $25 for ~50 polyps (1 colony)
  • Zoanthids, Reverse Gorilla Nipples (original colony photo, see here for better idea): $10 for 10+ polyps (3 frags)
  • Palys, large brown with green centers, 4 to 5 polyps: $10 (4 frags)
  • Hollywood Stunner Chalice frag (~2"): 8" colony for $50 SOLD
  • Mushroom Rock, small, with 5 small blue/purple mushrooms: $10
  • Mushrooms, Blue/Purple: $5 for 1 large or 2 medium size.
See Photo 1 and Photo 2 for pics of the original colonies of these zoanthids corals.

Original text:

I am breaking down my tank to do a total reset because of turf algae (and neglect) and need a good home for some of the livestock that is presentable. Local pickup only. The watchman goby and shrimp have paired up.

The one coral I have that is free of algae contact is the hollywood stunner chalice that has grown like crazy over my back glass. I would sell a 2"+ frag for $20 or the entire 8"+ diamater colony for $60 (if I can get the entire thing free in one piece).

I will be posting my 20G long frag tank, (2) twin-bulb T5HO fixtures, and custom-made furniture quality stand for sale soon, too. Hang-on-back filters will be tossed in. Plan to ask $200 for the entire thing but will post part-out prices soon in separate thread. Let me know if interested.

Last edited:
Corals.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Is the frag tank currently set up? I am interested can you send a picture?
It is set up but I've let it go unmaintained without a cleanup crew and it has gathered a bit of algae. I was going to clean it up before I took photographs. I'll let you know when I post a thread specifically about it. In the meantime, I'll see if I can find a photo I took when I first set it up.

I'll take the spotted watchman and pistol shrimp.
They are yours as soon as I break down the tank and locate them.

Rob has spoken for the green clown goby, to that just leaves the urchin, the chalk basslet ("Lucky"), and HS Chalice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While cleaning up my frag tank tonight I verified that several corals were good to sell. These include tubs blues zoas, zombie eye zoas (paly?), and some small florida ricordea (8+) in three color forms. The zoas I'd sell for $1 per full polyp (probabaly better than that the larger the frag) on rock or free. The small ricordeas would be $5 each (per mouth). Will try to post some photos later after my daughter goes to bed.

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have some a few aussie duncans that are surviving but haven't been happily extended in a while. One 3-head frag $20 and the main body with about 6 heads alive (and about 12 dead) for $40. Will return this money if they do not open.

ktaylor660

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in Knoxville are you? I was considering a trip down tomorrow. I'd be interested in all your zoas and palys and some ricordea. I may also be interested in the duncans if they vary from the ones I have. Let me know. Also if you have any pics of them.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Powell on the north side of Knoxville (about 2 miles from Aquatic Marine if you planned to go there). Will give you a call soon. Not sure what I have is worth seeing at the moment though since it is all closed up and angry with the thorough tank cleaning I just did. I'll turn on the lights early and see what happens. I'll also see if I can find some photos that show what they looked like open. Here are a couple of photos of the frags from last night after I cleaned up the tank (but everything is closed up in the picture).

P2010161.jpg
P2010162.jpg

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATED LIST (23 FEB 2013)
  • Chalk basslet: $10
  • Green Clown Goby: $5 SOLD
  • Spotted Watchman Goby: $10 SOLD
  • Tiger Pistol Shrimp: $10 SOLD
  • Pencil urchin: $5
  • Firefish (2): $15 for both (need to verify in good shape)
  • Zoanthids, Pink radial paly/zoa (similar to zombie eyes): $10 for ~15 polyps (loose); $20 for 30+ colony
  • Zoanthids, Tubbs Blues: $25 for ~50 polyps (1 colony)
  • Zoanthids, Reverse Gorilla Nipples (original colony photo, see here for better idea): $10 for 10+ polyps (3 frags)
  • Palys, large brown with green centers, 4 to 5 polyps: $10 (4 frags)
  • Hollywood Stunner Chalice frag (~2"): 8" colony for $50 SOLD
  • Mushroom Rock, small, with 5 small blue/purple mushrooms: $10
See Photo 1 and Photo 2 for pics of the original colonies of these zoanthids corals.

Last edited:

ktaylor660

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the corals Scott. All of the rics are open and look good. The yellow zoas are opening up and a couple of the red ones are starting too. The duncan hasn't emerged yet, but I can see the tips of it starting too. Just wanted to update you. :)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the following items left:
  • Pencil Urchin: $10
  • Zoanthids, Pink radial paly/zoa (similar to zombie eyes): $10 for 15+ polyps (2 or 3 colonies left)
  • Zoanthids, Tubbs Blues: $10 for 15+ polyps (4 frags)
  • Zoanthids, Reverse Gorilla Nipples (original colony photo): $10 for 10+ polyps (5 frags, freshly removed from glass and glued to frag squares)
  • Hollywood Stunner Chalice frag (~2"): $10 (can probably get up to 4 or 5 decent sized frags, or larger colony for more $$)
See Photo 1 and Photo 2 for pics of the original colonies of these zoanthids corals. The pink is in the bottom left of Photo 2, the Tub's Blues are in the bottom right of Photo 2, and the reverse gorilla nipples are on the left wall of Photo 1. A better photo that shows what they look like is at a zoa ID site, here. All others died in the turf algae scourge before I could save a frag. The pencil urchin photo is taken from the internet and, while similar to mine, is not the same exact one.

I also may have two firefish in my filter area for sale. If I can locate them and they are in good health, I'd sell them both for $15.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, when would you like to meet up for the clown goby?
I might be able to catch him before Friday, but Friday would be best. I plan to remove the last of the rock that morning and catch everything. Send me a message or text and let me know when/where is good for you.

In othe news, harvesting went well tonight. Now have multiple frags of 20+ polyps of all three zoas. Also have blue/purple mushrooms, $5 for two small or one large (loose unless they attach tonight to the tiles I set them on). Also have healthyl frags of 4~6 large brown/green button polyps attached to rock for $5 each (the center glow green under actinics).

Did some testing and I am sure I can get an ~8" section of the Hollywood stunner off whole. If somebody wants it, it is theirs for $50.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back