• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS, Reef Octopus Elite 220 Int

Kengar

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a repost of previous listing, since I've decided to ship. Link to the original post is here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/f...r-local-pickup-d-c-metro.623251/#post-6234071 so you can see pix of skimmer in use. Pix of skimmer cleaned up are attached. $350 shipped, firm, payment by Pay Pal. Already boxed up -- well wrapped in bubble wrap -- and ready to go ASAP.

Here is the text of the post:

I want to switch to an external skimmer and make the entire skimmer chamber in the sump a refugium, so I'm looking to sell my current skimmer. Reef Octopus Elite 220 Int https://www.aquacave.com/reef-octopus-elite-220int-protein-skimmer-with-varios-dc-pump.html , less than a year old.

I added a microbubble "muffler," as illustrated, which will be included. Strainer, elbow, and metric-to-standard adapter are glued together; adapter is simply pressed into place in the T outlet from the skimmer. Filter sock fits over the strainer. Absolutely knocked out microbubbles coming from the skimmer!

Flaws: One of the two internal tubes inside the silencer -- presently rigged above solenoid for scrubber control, but will be included -- snapped off. Does not seem to affect performance, but replacements are available from CoralVue if you wish.

The LED corresponding to the number two setting on the pump controller does not illuminate. The pump does clearly increase speed when hitting the plus button from one to two, and then from two to three, so it is clearly just the LED -- not the pump speed itself. see pump demo byKengar, on Flickr

I lost the tube leading from the elbow on bottom of skimmer cup to a separate collector, so I've just been manually emptying it. Plug is there, just not the silicone tubing.

I lost the cap the closes off the ozone injection line. Plugged with some plumber's putty.​

$350 shipped, firm, payment by PayPal

IMG_6246.jpg IMG_6247.jpg IMG_6250.jpg
IMG_6248.jpg

IMG_6249.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back