+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It pains me to say it! :loudly-crying-face:

But even with the best intentions and tons of effort, the startup of our new dream reef tank was plagued with algae outbreaks and other issues leading me to take out all my priced coral, trading it in with my LFS for credit for completing the fish stock.

2023 will be all about FOWLR, maturing the tank properly for coral. I will miss the colors, the joy of watching it grow- and glow but I will also enjoy watching my fish thrive, my stock grow and my algae hopefully slowly go away with proper management of parameters and hard work.

2024 will be the year for re-introduction of coral. Plenty of time to save up money for those prized pieces!

Happy new year to you all! :)

Nutramar Foods

LilsReefTank

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It pains me to say it! :loudly-crying-face:

But even with the best intentions and tons of effort, the startup of our new dream reef tank was plagued with algae outbreaks and other issues leading me to take out all my priced coral, trading it in with my LFS for credit for completing the fish stock.

2023 will be all about FOWLR, maturing the tank properly for coral. I will miss the colors, the joy of watching it grow- and glow but I will also enjoy watching my fish thrive, my stock grow and my algae hopefully slowly go away with proper management of parameters and hard work.

2024 will be the year for re-introduction of coral. Plenty of time to save up money for those prized pieces!

Happy new year to you all! :)
It will be okay!! I recently went thru a series of unfortunate events that eventually lead to the death of my corals and I converted my tank to a fowler.

You can now buy more species of fish and if you need rec for fake corals - I got you!!

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, its a minor set back, luckily the owner of my LFS is a champ who's always there to help out in times of need :)

Corals will go in in abundance in a year from now; always one last try ;)
It will be okay!! I recently went thru a series of unfortunate events that eventually lead to the death of my corals and I converted my tank to a fowler.

You can now buy more species of fish and if you need rec for fake corals - I got you!!

World Wide Corals

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful what fish you decide to add because you might get attached to them and if they’re not reef safe you’ll end up with a difficult decision on your hands lol. I could never part with my emperor and queen angels at this point nor my porc puffer or my zebra moray so I would basically have to start another tank if I wanted to do a reef. Not a bad problem to have I suppose depending on who you ask just food for thought.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back