Frogspawn questions

TeeSquared1214

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this beautiful frogspawn with three heads a couple of weeks ago and seems to be doing well. The thing is, I can’t figure out where to place it or even where to expect it to grow from? It looks like old bits of the skeleton are what these heads are attached to. Do I keep that or trim it off and glue to a rock? First LPS coral so I’m unsure how to proceed. I know it branches but from the skeleton or the polyps? Because the polyps seem to be the ones extending and forming branches. I have a GSP frag on the back wall, so to avoid that from smothering the frogspawn, in the future I’m planning to have it in the middle of my 100g on a standalone rock.

IMG_5130.jpeg
IMG_5129.jpeg
IMG_5016.jpeg

Below image was from a month ago, but thinking of placing it on the center rock toward the front or off to the right somewhere. Honestly not too happy with my scape so I might move some of the smaller pieces around.

Tank has been up for a few months. No more than 3.
IMG_4920.jpeg

ou12004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually keep the old skeleton and use it stuff into a rock or use to secure in putty. Frogspawn get top heavy so where ever you put it make sure you secure it firmly. Putty and super glue works for me

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heads split in most cases, some will start a new head in the side. Don't cut anything just glue the bottom in a area with medium light and enough flow to keep the polyps waving some not to heavy. You will have to keep an eye on all of your parameters especially magnesium. Keep that between 1350 and 1425.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back