+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troops,

I got a frogspawn that was doing really well. 3 days ago I wanted to take it off the frag plug and glue it.... thats when i may have injured him a bit...and now its preettttyyy sad looking.

The mouth on the one head appears to be way too wide open, and possibly some skeleton showing through the mouth. Some polyps are actually semi extended. Just not sure how tough these guys are. Looking for opinions.

The frogspawn was doing absolutely amazing prior to me taking it off the plug, and unfortunately injuring it.

Video attached, note the chuck taken out of the bottom of the stem.

Thank fam,

Mitch

N03 10
p04 .03
mag 1200
cal 375
dkh 8.9

Attachments

• Video.mov
    3.3 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Troops,

I got a frogspawn that was doing really well. 3 days ago I wanted to take it off the frag plug and glue it.... thats when i may have injured him a bit...and now its preettttyyy sad looking.

The mouth on the one head appears to be way too wide open, and possibly some skeleton showing through the mouth. Some polyps are actually semi extended. Just not sure how tough these guys are. Looking for opinions.

The frogspawn was doing absolutely amazing prior to me taking it off the plug, and unfortunately injuring it.

Video attached, note the chuck taken out of the bottom of the stem.

Thank fam,

Mitch

N03 10
p04 .03
mag 1200
cal 375
dkh 8.9
No, , , the tissue is receding and on the verge of bailout likely due to too much flow. The polyps should be swaying rather than bouncing as in video. Additionally assure calcium is at least 380 as their skeleton has calcium needs. The best is to avoid extreme light and water flow. Too little flow and they shrink and too much flow- there will be problems. While they need light for their energy source known as zooxanthellae, too much light will cause them to expel it and lead to bacteria issues
Moderate light and water flow is best. Target feeding is the worst you can do in its' state.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back