Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what to do at this point, I brought home a frogspawn one week ago and it looked good the second day. It was very extended but was sagging due to lower flow (second photo). Someone on Reddit suggested I move it to the rocks, it’s definitely getting more flow but also more light. SPS and softies are all doing well as I’ve adjusted my flow to the point they are all extending polyps well. Running David Saxby’s settings on my AI Prime (intensity is only around 15% at the moment). I’m guessing this frogspawn will probably bailout soon, pretty bummed about it. First photo is current condition.

AF268E58-38E7-4CD7-A258-1AE21665E1CD.jpeg 46ECFE30-068A-4DD3-BCF8-09132F7CC955.png

Nutramar Foods

lucyretz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
list of parameters with test kit used? do you have a par meter? i was running 2 ai primes on my redsea 250 at 100% saxby, and was getting no more than 30 par in most places.

CLICK TO VIEW

nothing_fancy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check nutrients. If its coming from a system with decent nutrient levels and going into a low or ULNS the acclimation is probably going to be very tough on that coral. I have a FS thats around 10 years old and has survived three tank transfers, lost some heads when I put it in a new tank that had very low nitrates due to a hasty and poorly planned cycle on my part, took about 6 months but after everything was back up and had decent parameters it came back strong and started growing new heads.

BRS

nothing_fancy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You look like you don't even have algae growing in that tank yet if you can't grow algae how you gonna grow coral
I like this philosophy, this is a good one to pass along to people who are upset during their tank cycle. "One must first master the arts of growing algae, only then can one succeed in growing coral"

Top Shelf Aquatics

ccole

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see any recession at the base where the corals flesh meets the skeleton? In my experience, euphyllia can be temperamental and aren’t crazy about being moved around. Mine have definitely looked worse than your first photo and survived fine.

I like the AI prime but it’s not the strongest light. At only 15% intensity, some of your corals may be light starved. That is also potentially the reason you don’t have algae right now.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Hanna
Back