Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about placing my frogspanw next to my rockflower will either one sting the other? Here’s the frogspawn, I’ve had it for almost two years and it’s grown a few more heads. I recently rearranged my tank and it’s not as full as it was before said move. I want to move it closer to where I had it before 8DC72E8E-92CD-45FA-96E7-53FB3B26AABB.jpeg

AS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’m thinking about placing my frogspanw next to my rockflower will either one sting the other? Here’s the frogspawn, I’ve had it for almost two years and it’s grown a few more heads. I recently rearranged my tank and it’s not as full as it was before said move. I want to move it closer to where I had it beforeView attachment 3002891
They should not
While frogspawn is capable, their not as aggressive as torch coral
Spacing 2 or more inches apart will greatly reduce that risk

Saltyanimals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large frogspawn colony above several RFAs for awhile now in my tank. The RFAs stay put as expected along the rock bottom and sand and don't seem to move up to the frogspawn. However I was out of town this weekend and came back to my frogspawn colony laying head down on top of the RFAs. I was out for 48 hours so not sure how long they stayed like this, but the frog spawn did not lose any heads (yet) and look fine after I remounted. The RFAs how are still shriveled up 12 hours after fixing the collapse. Will report back to see who won the battle, but appears frogspawn came out undamaged at the moment. Odd. I would have thought the opposite that I would surely lose most of the frogspawn colony.

BTAs are said to often split after stressful events. I wonder if this applies to RFAs since I've never seen any of mine split.

World Wide Corals
AS

Saltyanimals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reporting back the next day and no visible damage to either. This is extremely surprising as we've all read about potential sting of the RFA. Maybe I just got really lucky and came home right when it fell over. I just can't imagine either being tough enough to sustain any extended contact. ... or are they? ;)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back