Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of things I'm hoping the r2r community can help me answer...

1. A reputable source for buying frogfish online

2. The most ideal water parameters or unique things I should be doing for my frogfish tank (Temp lighting MG etc)

3. Feeding amount, diet variation and supplementing

4. Can I pair my frogfish, and if so which species of frogfish should I go for...

5.Any helpful tips from previous or current owners would be greatly appreciated :D

I am currently new to this hobby with a newly cycled tank (32.5 fluval curved tank with 2 Ai 16 reef lights with 2 clowns at the moment and frag of frogspawn)

OP
OP
chair

chair

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple angler has passed away. D: I'm worried that the orange one will follow suite. @lion king would you ever consider dosing metroplex or sulfaplex for frogfish? ive noticed more white spots on the orange angler that normaly dont follow his regular patterns. Also they seem more small white and uniform.

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used general cure which does have metroplex, what is your diagnosis and why your choices in medication.

I have found it's the rapid change in chemistry that may trigger a decline when using medications like metroplex. I like to split dose into 3rds and observe carefully. Depending on how they react you can administer next dose in 4 hrs and next in additional 4 hrs. The time range will not interfere with effectiveness but may allow them to adjust more safely. Make sure there is proper aeration and water quality is maintained. If he is eating feed before treatment as they may go off of feeding for a while once treatment starts. You could try the other med with the same protocol, just be prepared for a water change or removal if a severe reaction.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ecotech Marine
Back