+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I'm new here so forgive me if this is a dumb question or if it has been previously answered. I was setting up a 29-gallon tank and picked up a 1oz bottle of Fritz TurboStart 900 to cycle it (since the bottle says it's good for 25 gallons) but I managed to get my hands on a 40-gallon instead. Will the 1oz bottle be enough to cycle the 40? I'm ok with it taking longer to cycle but I didn't want to waste the bottle if it's not enough.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is enough do just this for a headache free cycle

add it

add 2 pinches of ground up fish food let this mix run for 10 days, it's now cycled, saving you all testing it's going off the ammonia drop line from a cycling chart/day ten, and that works all the time.

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what we discussed is testless reef cycling. it also accounts for the fact even if you do test, misreads are 99% likely to mislead you for up to eighteen straight weeks. we have a definite ready date above. day ten, after the stewing. no testing required, any test kit that disagrees is a misreading test kit you were going to encounter anyway. I have a 33 page thread of testless cycling :)

if you added half your current bottle into the larger tank: still ready in ten days after hydration, rock and feed and bac.

if you added 3x bottles, still ready at day ten, any common variation you impart (1/2 pinch of feed vs recommended 2) still ready at day ten

what water bacteria in water do isn't largely impacted by us given ten days wait. when requiring 0-1 days wait, there's room for outcome error.

Top Shelf Aquatics

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
updated cycling science knows that cycling is not something hard to accomplish, its fish food and ten days and some degree of anyone's cycling bottle bac.

the real hitch: you can carry fish on day ten, but if you skip disease preps you will be posting in Jays disease forum within 8 mos.

source for claims: go down his list of help request posts, select name of thread writer, select find all threads.

find their start thread/build thread

see how the majority are 8 mos or less old

disease anticipation is where it's at/cycling isn't part of that equation/cycling is drop bottle drop feed come back in a week/done / don't own an ammonia or nitrite test kit, you'll never need to run them.

OP
OP
CodyH

CodyH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is enough do just this for a headache free cycle

add it

add 2 pinches of ground up fish food let this mix run for 10 days, it's now cycled, saving you all testing it's going off the ammonia drop line from a cycling chart/day ten, and that works all the time.
Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed answer! I appreciate it

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back