Foxface with strange scratch/line on both sides - HLLD?

Zeromus-X

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface is acting normal but we noticed today a distinct line running from front to back along the curve of the fish, visible on both sides, and what appears to be a scratch where it starts. The closest thing I can find to this is HLLD but not sure why that would happen suddenly.

Any opinions appreciated!

IMG_6985.jpeg IMG_6991.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fishes are notorious for crazy color changes and appearing ill or injured overnight. That is the lateral line but I would not worry too much about the fishes appearance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Foxface is acting normal but we noticed today a distinct line running from front to back along the curve of the fish, visible on both sides, and what appears to be a scratch where it starts. The closest thing I can find to this is HLLD but not sure why that would happen suddenly.

Any opinions appreciated!

IMG_6985.jpeg IMG_6991.jpeg
This is indeed HLLE and causes pits and flesh missing mainly in tangs, angels and some rabbitfish. It is often caused by poor water quality, high use of carbon, poor water quality (elevated nitrate and ammonia) and inadequate/poor diet. It is not life threating in any way but offers secondary infection in some cases.
Maintaining GOOD water quality and diet are often the fixes and with severe cases, some healing.
Some foods to feed tang are :
LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally