Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish gulps air. I assume he is trying to eat the protein film at the surface, but I'm not sure. I've noticed him doing this for a couple of days now but, he only got bloated today. I tried removing as much of the protein film as I could but he still gulps for air. Is he trying to eat the protein film? and what could I do to stop this?
20200715_150010.jpg
20200715_150045.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Big G

captain dunsel
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes fish will display that behavior "pipping" when it needs more oxygen. It's possible that the fish may have flukes within the gills preventing the fish from getting the O2 it needs. Have you seen any other symptoms like scratching the gill area on rocks, equipment, rapid breathing or labored breathing?

OP
OP
F

Forfoj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes fish will display that behavior "pipping" when it needs more oxygen. It's possible that the fish may have flukes within the gills preventing the fish from getting the O2 it needs. Have you seen any other symptoms like scratching the gill area on rocks, equipment, rapid breathing or labored breathing?
not really, the only odd behavior I noticed was the gulping at the surface. He's acting completely as usual otherwise. He is slightly less bloated now but, it's still visible.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back