Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS yesterday and one of the owners told me they had to pull all of the medications that contained formalin/formaldehyde because it had been banned due to carcinogenicity. Has anyone else heard of this? That would be a blow to disease treatment, as formalin can be very useful. Like I told the owner, how can they use that excuse to pull useful medications and still leave cigarettes on the market?

Top Shelf Aquatics

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS yesterday and one of the owners told me they had to pull all of the medications that contained formalin/formaldehyde because it had been banned due to carcinogenicity. Has anyone else heard of this? That would be a blow to disease treatment, as formalin can be very useful. Like I told the owner, how can they use that excuse to pull useful medications and still leave cigarettes on the market?

They don't make much tax money on formalin

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered another bottle of formalin online: https://pentairaes.com/parasite-s.html

The only thing that ticked me off is the bottle they sent me expires in like 5 months. Especially when I know that 37% formaldehyde has a 2 year shelf life. :mad:

OP
OP
Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it is in some states, not in others. You can still get it last time I checked. That was a year ago though. Maybe things have changed.

Yeah, it’s probabaly known to the state of California for something...

I just ordered another bottle of formalin online: https://pentairaes.com/parasite-s.html

The only thing that ****** me off is the bottle they sent me expires in like 5 months. Especially when I know that 37% formaldehyde has a 2 year shelf life. :mad:
Even after 2 years it’s still probably 36.5% formaldehyde! We had specimens in school that were still well preserved after 20+ years

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

maroun.c

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remmeber hearing not to use it if bottle was opened more than few months ago?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The only thing that ****** me off is the bottle they sent me expires in like 5 months. Especially when I know that 37% formaldehyde has a 2 year shelf life. :mad:

I've had similar experiences with ordering various things online, including getting expired packages. It isn't often a problem, but I like to keep some things on hand and not have to rotate them like bananas.

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Biota Marine Life
Back