Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In regards to the solid mount (not the flexible one). The specs on the web indicate the horizontal arm length is 9.5". I am trying to determine the distance from the back wall to the center of the AI prime at it's longest length to see if it'll fit my new tank. If the arm is 9.5" (web specs) and the light itself is 4.88" (web specs) I would assume arm + half of light is the distance.... 2.44+9.5=11.94".

Would anyone be able to check this for me on an actual mounted unit? Dead center on my tank is 12.05" so IF the above is correct it's close enough, but only just.

Thanks everyone!!

AS

arafas

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In regards to the solid mount (not the flexible one). The specs on the web indicate the horizontal arm length is 9.5". I am trying to determine the distance from the back wall to the center of the AI prime at it's longest length to see if it'll fit my new tank. If the arm is 9.5" (web specs) and the light itself is 4.88" (web specs) I would assume arm + half of light is the distance.... 2.44+9.5=11.94".

Would anyone be able to check this for me on an actual mounted unit? Dead center on my tank is 12.05" so IF the above is correct it's close enough, but only just.

Thanks everyone!!
You could contact them and they will give you measurments.

danielankeny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks everyone!!
If you are talking about the 2 piece one then you can loosen 2 screws and shorten the length. I can measure mine when I get home tonight around 6:30 pm eastern time if it helps

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about the 2 piece one then you can loosen 2 screws and shorten the length. I can measure mine when I get home tonight around 6:30 pm eastern time if it helps
Yes, I'm talking about the 2 piece rigid one rather that the flex arm.

That would be super helpful, thank you. I am aiming to figure out the longest it can be from the back glass to the center of the ai prime.

danielankeny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That would be super helpful, thank you. I am aiming to figure out the longest it can be from the back glass to the center of the ai prime.
Ok will measure the longest possible length tonight, i just set mine up yesterday

danielankeny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Will measure from front of rear glass to center of light and both near and far edges of light housing

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

danielankeny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t thank you enough! I really appreciate it!
It’s 30 cm from front surface of rear glass to center of LED, 35.3cm to front edge of light housing. This is with full extension. Visually, it looks dead center front to back of my 24 inch wide tank

OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 28cm (11”) from front surface of rear glass to center of LED, 34cm (13.5”) to front edge of light housing.
Super helpful!! I’m looking at an IM 40L and it appears to be 12” to the center from the back so I think I’d call this close enough!

can’t thank you enough!

Corals.com

danielankeny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super helpful!! I’m looking at an IM 40L and it appears to be 12” to the center from the back so I think I’d call this close enough!

can’t thank you enough!
Sorry, look at

can’t thank you enough!
sorry, just wanted to make sure you saw the update, i measured the first time without full extension:

It’s 30 cm from front surface of rear glass to center of LED, 35.3cm to front edge of light housing. This is with full extension. Visually, it looks dead center front to back of my 24 inch wide tank

OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, look at

sorry, just wanted to make sure you saw the update, i measured the first time without full extension:

That’s perfect, exactly what I was hoping someone could determine for me. Also the measurement I was hoping for.

much thanks!!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back