Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like my whitetail Bristletooth has flukes on one eye. I know the whole treatment with prazi and all that. My question is can fish beat out flukes on there own like ick sometimes or is intervening a must?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks like my whitetail Bristletooth has flukes on one eye. I know the whole treatment with prazi and all that. My question is can fish beat out flukes on there own like ick sometimes or is intervening a must?
Generally not. These worms reproduce and often drop off and return to the host with company. It also spends on type of flukes as neobendenia are sticky and prazi has little to no effect on them.
Often, FW dip will dislodge them Or give fish temporary relief. Hyposalinity also has effect on them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Generally not. These worms reproduce and often drop off and return to the host with company. It also spends on type of flukes as neobendenia are sticky and prazi has little to no effect on them.
Often, FW dip will dislodge them Or give fish temporary relief

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back