Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a flow upgrade for my Fluval flex 32.5-gallon reef tank. Right now I'm using the stock back pump and an aqua top cps 1 max flow (256 gph). What would be a good upgrade for a mixed reef? And should I have multiple powerheads in that sized tank?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AS

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which one do you think would work well in my tank?
I'd check through the options on Amazon. Need 1 controller to take care of both. Been 4 years since I did any research on them. 4 years later though the cheap pumps still do their job. I'm awful about cleaning them also.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd check through the options on Amazon. Need 1 controller to take care of both. Been 4 years since I did any research on them. 4 years later though the cheap pumps still do their job. I'm awful about cleaning them also.
How many gph would you recommend for my sized tank? Cause that would help me choose which one to buy. Thanks for the help. Also, would the controller it comes with work for two?

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many gph would you recommend for my sized tank? Cause that would help me choose which one to buy. Thanks for the help. Also, would the controller it comes with work for two?
Depends on what you have for coral and rock work. I have a Nero 3 and a Red Sea wave maker, but you wouldn't need that without acros.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you change and customize the flow patterns and set a schedule?

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a flow upgrade for my Fluval flex 32.5-gallon reef tank. Right now I'm using the stock back pump and an aqua top cps 1 max flow (256 gph). What would be a good upgrade for a mixed reef? And should I have multiple powerheads in that sized tank?
I have a flex. Add a nero3. Gets good movement. And you could upgrade the pump in that aio chamber to whatever will fit. I actually deleted that chamber completely and added a cpr cs50 external overflow into a sump.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back