Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard 90 gallon tank. It will be a mixed reef, with some sps (not a ton). Looking for opinions on which pumps to go with. The only thing I know I don’t want is anything ecotech. I’ve got an mp right now on my 70 and I’m not thrilled with it, no way I’d justify paying that much for the larger size.

that said, I’ve got 2 Nero 3s on a 40 breeder and love em. But would 2 Nero 5s be enough for a 90? My returns are not running high flow but they’re pointing down behind where the rock will be to prevent any dead spots back there.

my other interest would be the gyre style, possibly the reef wave 25 or 45. Would 2 of the 25s be enough, or should I be looking at the 45s? Seems like those would be overkill. And again, are 2 gyre styles enough, or do they need some sort of supplemental flow?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Avast

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 and use the jebao 70 wavemaker. Only have one on one side of tank. Its not enough. Just ordered a jebao powerhead style to see how it goes with it for other side. The jebao 70 is a good pump tho bot need more cross streams

indyreefer75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard 90 gallon tank. It will be a mixed reef, with some sps (not a ton). Looking for opinions on which pumps to go with. The only thing I know I don’t want is anything ecotech. I’ve got an mp right now on my 70 and I’m not thrilled with it, no way I’d justify paying that much for the larger size.

that said, I’ve got 2 Nero 3s on a 40 breeder and love em. But would 2 Nero 5s be enough for a 90? My returns are not running high flow but they’re pointing down behind where the rock will be to prevent any dead spots back there.

my other interest would be the gyre style, possibly the reef wave 25 or 45. Would 2 of the 25s be enough, or should I be looking at the 45s? Seems like those would be overkill. And again, are 2 gyre styles enough, or do they need some sort of supplemental flow?
I have 2 Nero 5s on my 75 gal 36in long and I run them at 20 % random I have sps that love it and lps. But I also have two sicce mini pumps on the back wall for more random flow. I think the Nero’s have a lot of versatility and customer support is crazy good from my experience. Also more flow from different places can help with detritus so that’s always nice.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back