Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for recommendations for a flow generator for a 15g. I had bought one from my lfs that they had said would work well but it turns out it's waaaaay too powerful haha. Any recommendations i would greatly appreciate. Last time i had made a post it wouldn't let me respond to people. It would glitch and was super frustrating. Hopefully it will allow me to respond this time. If not then im sorry but i do appreciate your feedback

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
keef reeper

keef reeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is a cube like a im15 a nero3 is gonna be way overkill. I use a Jebao slw5 turned all the way down. If i turn it up any more my sand corals don’t like it.
Ok for sure. Ya the one i had just dug up a pile of sand in one corner and wasn't adjustable. Ill check that one out too.

yanni

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah nero 3 all the way. Low profile, can run super low settings. They’re amazing, i absolutely love mine. Waterbox 20 cube. I run mine high flow, but it’s literally perfect. Can run all the way down to like 1%, or even like 20% would be good

Attachments

• IMG_4883.jpeg
    IMG_4883.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 6
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah nero 3 all the way. Low profile, can run super low settings. They’re amazing, i absolutely love mine. Waterbox 20 cube. I run mine high flow, but it’s literally perfect. Can run all the way down to like 1%, or even like 20% would be good

This is a common misconception about wavemakers. DC pumps can only run about 30% of their rated flow. It takes that much for the blades to overcome the resistance of the water and actually turn.

If you check the flow in the MyAI app, at 1% the Nero 3 is pushing around 600gph. That's as low as it goes.

OP
OP
keef reeper

keef reeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a common misconception about wavemakers. DC pumps can only run about 30% of their rated flow. It takes that much for the blades to overcome the resistance of the water and actually turn.

If you check the flow in the MyAI app, at 1% the Nero 3 is pushing around 600gph. That's as low as it goes.
Ya im not sure if 600gph is going to be too high for ny little 15g. I feel like the offbrand one i had got was 600gph as well and it was too rough. I guess im looking for closer around 300gph haha something chill.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya im not sure if 600gph is going to be too high for ny little 15g. I feel like the offbrand one i had got was 600gph as well and it was too rough. I guess im looking for closer around 300gph haha something chill.
Jebao ELW-5m. I run one in my Nuvo 10.

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really liking my hygger mini wave maker. Controllable dc pump that is super small and quiet. Great price too. I am picking up another one for my Fusion 15

1600gph max, minimum setting is 40% which is 600gph. It is small, though.

I just got a Jebao ELW-3m. About the same size as the Hygger, but more controllable and MAX flow is 660gph.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AVAST
Back