Flow for 40 Gallon Cube Tank

GooseDoesReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers, I am running a hygger wavemaker in my 40-gallon cube, and I plan on keeping lps and softies in the tank, is there any recommendations you guys have on flow patterns? I am running the powerhead at 40% constant flow, but I could do a wave mode or random mode if that fares better for the tank.

The deepwaterhorizon reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally prefer wave or random mode because it best simulates natural current in the ocean which the corals would be subject to. Please truly only consider this my opinion as I am currently in the research phase of my first tank and have only kept freshwater. I hope this was at least halfway helpful. Thanks

OP
OP
GooseDoesReefing

GooseDoesReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally prefer wave or random mode because it best simulates natural current in the ocean which the corals would be subject to. Please truly only consider this my opinion as I am currently in the research phase of my first tank and have only kept freshwater. I hope this was at least halfway helpful. Thanks
Thanks for the advice, I have been testing the wave mode and my goniopora seems to prefer it, so that's what I'm sticking with!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back