Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - it's my first time with a fleece roller (clarisea 5k gen3). The other day i hooked up my ATO to the return chamber where i wanted the water level to be. I noticed the ATO (Tunze 5017) would turn on more than it has in my other tanks, but just figured ok that's how it is due to the clarisea. I was away all day friday and i got a call from my wife that there's this "loud" noise coming from under the tank... Naturally i figured the ATO dumped too much or something and the float valve went off. When i got home, that's indeed what happened, although the water level in the return was clearly above the float alarm so it seems like i need to figure out how to get this to work with the Clarisea. I searched the forums and found i think 2 posts that somewhat relate to this but they weren't that helpful. Happy to take pictures and measurements, etc... Just not finding much luck online, i figured someone here had run into this. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Top Shelf Aquatics

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Snowxcross two initial thoughts.

First, can you confirm your fleece is advancing smoothly? If it’s working properly the sump water level shouldn’t vary too much. Sometimes the filter on mine will get stuck and when the fleece gets clogged with stuff the water gets held back so it creates a lower level in the sump.

Second, was the ATO working properly before you installed the filter? You can manually trigger the float valve and if the optical sensor is wet the “Level” LED should be on.

OP
OP
Snowxcross

Snowxcross

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - it's my first time with a fleece roller (clarisea 5k gen3). The other day i hooked up my ATO to the return chamber where i wanted the water level to be. I noticed the ATO (Tunze 5017) would turn on more than it has in my other tanks, but just figured ok that's how it is due to the clarisea. I was away all day friday and i got a call from my wife that there's this "loud" noise coming from under the tank... Naturally i figured the ATO dumped too much or something and the float valve went off. When i got home, that's indeed what happened, although the water level in the return was clearly above the float alarm so it seems like i need to figure out how to get this to work with the Clarisea. I searched the forums and found i think 2 posts that somewhat relate to this but they weren't that helpful. Happy to take pictures and measurements, etc... Just not finding much luck online, i figured someone here had run into this. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.
@Snowxcross two initial thoughts.

First, can you confirm your fleece is advancing smoothly? If it’s working properly the sump water level shouldn’t vary too much. Sometimes the filter on mine will get stuck and when the fleece gets clogged with stuff the water gets held back so it creates a lower level in the sump.

Second, was the ATO working properly before you installed the filter? You can manually trigger the float valve and if the optical sensor is wet the “Level” LED should be on.
Yep, actually since i posted this what i did was wait for the roller to advance. I then set the ATO sensor right at that water mark in the return. It's been around 2 days and everything is fine. Thanks for the reply!

Corals.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back