Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know these are flatworms but I’m not sure about the species. Any help on best action to kill/remove from tank would be greatly appreciated. I’ve lost a frogspawn and hammer and keep trying to save what’s left. So far I’ve dipped the coral with just “seachem reef dip”. It doesn’t seem to phase them. Picking them off is all I’ve been doing that has any effect. Thanks in advance for y’all’s help.

3AC1D836-22BA-4974-A6F2-67D683F91E9F.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I know these are flatworms but I’m not sure about the species. Any help on best action to kill/remove from tank would be greatly appreciated. I’ve lost a frogspawn and hammer and keep trying to save what’s left. So far I’ve dipped the coral with just “seachem reef dip”. It doesn’t seem to phase them. Picking them off is all I’ve been doing that has any effect. Thanks in advance for y’all’s help.

View attachment 2530257
Try dipping in coral dip
You can also siphon them with a 3/8” tube or add wrasse such as 6 line, yellow coris, lunare or melanurus which should eat them

Naso110

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used iodine in a SW bath about 10cc in 2quarts of water. In about 2 minutes they fall off and die. Use a turkey baster and continue to blast the water over the heads. I usually never left it in solution for longer than 5 minutes max. I killed one just letting it sit in the mixture for like 10 minutes. Good luck

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
L

locktee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used iodine in a SW bath about 10cc in 2quarts of water. In about 2 minutes they fall off and die. Use a turkey baster and continue to blast the water over the heads. I usually never left it in solution for longer than 5 minutes max. I killed one just letting it sit in the mixture for like 10 minutes. Good luck
How often should I dip?

reefz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my advice. They will multiply quickly, and if not fighting them off, they will take over your tank. Luckily you caught it early before it gets bad. There is a product called flatworm exit that will kill off all flatworms in your system. Now, imo, I’d never use it as when flatworms die, their extremely toxic chemicals get released and can kill your live stock. Last time i attempted this, half of my fish and coral died. So to be safe, get a nice healthy wrasse preferably yellow coris that is the safest way to get rid of them.

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back