Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught this little guy cruising around on my rocks after the lights went out. Freaked out and checked all over, including my corals and couldn’t find another. It doesn’t seem to be any of the common pest ones though. Anyone know what kind it is?
IMG_1392.png

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Caught this little guy cruising around on my rocks after the lights went out. Freaked out and checked all over, including my corals and couldn’t find another. It doesn’t seem to be any of the common pest ones though. Anyone know what kind it is?
View attachment 3128619
Polyclad flatworm. While they are not harmful as red planaria, they in numbers can smother bases of coral and block the needed light for production of zooxanthellae which is their energy source.
Removal can be accomplished by siphoning them with a 3/8" -1/4" tubing into a nylon stocking and discard
OR
Add a wrasse such as Yellow coris, 6 line, lunare or malanurus OR even a springieri damsel which will eat them

For the next 2 weeks you will have to look for eggs and scrape off as there is likely some and would be future acoels. Eggs are really tiny

1678293158905.png

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SandNRocks

SandNRocks

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you. Ill be looking around all over. Any tips for finding eggs? All of my coral bases look pretty clean, and it wasn’t anywhere near any of my corals. Not sure if they strictly lay eggs on coral bases or not.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back