+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have a picture to show as I don't have a camera good enough to get a good shot of it..
But I'm looking to understand what this type of flatworm is and potential ways I should deal with it..
Characteristics:
- small, similar size to an apex pod
- 2 little tails/feet like a typical flatworm
- dark, either black, grey, or really dark brown, i can't quite make out the color
- white dotted head

I've done two dips of flatworm exit so far in back to back weekly water changes, not having any luck.
On my second treatment, I've even tried going double dosage but these guys are still surviving.
This is in my 10 gallon QT system used for coral/fish QT.

If anyone has any ideas on what this is and how I should treat it, I would really appreciate it.
I'm not opposed to tearing down the tank, but I suspect these guys may have laid eggs or may sneak through even through a complete system reboot.

Thank you!

Nutramar Foods

Carabeo

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if those are good or bad ones, but when I did flatworm exit for nudibrnachs I finally found a post that was like "you have to do it every 2 to 3 days several times". Thats nudis though, so I'm generalizing to flatworms. I did 4 treatments and they were every other day after 20% water changes. I guess they only die when hatched out. The eggs survive, hatch, and reproduce between treatments unless it's rigourous.

And I went hard because they were chewing up corals. It was a double dose based on tank volume (not minus the rock volume). I added an air stone in the "sump" (back of the all-in-one) during the treatment. Corals and simple fish all tolerated it well.

OP
OP
R

rueric

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy to do multiple treatments every other day, but my concern is that even during the treatment, I still see flatworms on the glass which tells me the medication isn’t truly effective

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have a picture to show as I don't have a camera good enough to get a good shot of it..
But I'm looking to understand what this type of flatworm is and potential ways I should deal with it..
Characteristics:
- small, similar size to an apex pod
- 2 little tails/feet like a typical flatworm
- dark, either black, grey, or really dark brown, i can't quite make out the color
- white dotted head

I've done two dips of flatworm exit so far in back to back weekly water changes, not having any luck.
On my second treatment, I've even tried going double dosage but these guys are still surviving.
This is in my 10 gallon QT system used for coral/fish QT.

If anyone has any ideas on what this is and how I should treat it, I would really appreciate it.
I'm not opposed to tearing down the tank, but I suspect these guys may have laid eggs or may sneak through even through a complete system reboot.

Thank you!
I would just scrape the glass and/or siphon them out during water changes. Without a natural predator, they will continue to reproduce. Does this QT have sand or rocks?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
R

rueric

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just scrape the glass and/or siphon them out during water changes. Without a natural predator, they will continue to reproduce. Does this QT have sand or rocks?
But how would I go about moving corals out of my QT into my display going forward? I hate having to worry that eggs might hitch hike onto frags

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back