Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spotted a flatworm on my glass a week ago. Then noticed there were a bunch on some of my mushrooms in the back of my tank. My guess is they are the type that just smother corals to death and are photosynthetic because I don't have SPS. And the one I killed off the glass in FW was brown once I took it out of the tank and looked at it under normal lights.

Here's the scenario, I have a 75 gallon tank with a Triton sump that has live rock in the refugium and a large media reactor that is being used as a cryptic zone (rock inside of it obviously). If I use Flatworm Exit and say there are flatworms in areas other than my display tank, how am I supposed to get rid of the dead flatworms in the other areas? Do I pray that running carbon and the immediate water change get rid of enough of the released toxins? If I really had to I can remove the rock from the sump and siphon out the dead flatworms but it would be a real chore because of space limitations and timing. I obviously can't siphon my reactor and don't really want to expose everything in it to the light. What do you all think?

uhgster1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used it a ton of times over several aquariums over the years, like infestation levels. It will kill them all, the most you’re going to siphon off about 50 to 60% of them. Just run carbon for the ones you aren’t able to pick up, do some water changes and you’ll be ok.

Nutramar Foods

uhgster1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it kill my tiger tail sea cucumber?
I honestly couldn’t tell you. Sea cucumbers are the one invertebrate I’ve never kept. I can tell you that nothing else in my tank was affected except my duncans, which closed up for a day and then opened right up.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back