Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I have a flatworm (red planaria) problem that is starting to get out of control. I have already started siphoning out as many as I can and will do so for a few more days before using the FWE in order to minimize toxins.

I have read mixed reviews on the effects of tank inhabitants and wanted to find out if my population of micro brittle starfish, bristleworms, stomatellas, and copepods will suffer and also be killed off.

If so, I may just continue to manually remove, dip, and try natural predators (currently only a black storm clownfish in tank).

CLICK TO VIEW

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Unfortunately, I have a flatworm (red planaria) problem that is starting to get out of control. I have already started siphoning out as many as I can and will do so for a few more days before using the FWE in order to minimize toxins.

I have read mixed reviews on the effects of tank inhabitants and wanted to find out if my population of micro brittle starfish, bristleworms, stomatellas, and copepods will suffer and also be killed off.

If so, I may just continue to manually remove, dip, and try natural predators (currently only a black storm clownfish in tank).
I find the stuff somewhat harsh but effective
Problem is- each day you have to siphon dead ones daily as they release toxins and low impact on bacteria

TankCandy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Stuff works great. Just get ready for a 20% water change 24 hours after and run carbon 2 after dosing for the toxins. I used 1 drop per gallon and repeated again in 5 days to kill off any eggs. My copepods showed no sign of struggle. I did turn off my skimmer for the first 6 hours.

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back