FIXING WATER PARAMETERS

bj274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for best way to adjust my water parameters after ICP test.
I have high aluminum and have read people blaming the bio blocks? Any truth to this and how do I get rid of it?
Other elements are high and not sure how important it is to get those values down. Calcium is high, but is it too high that it creates issues?
Low iodine, but there seems to be a lot of different kinds and not sure what and how much to dose?
Do I need to do a large WC?

I’ve attached the results
Please take a look and appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 2024-07-19-286664-ati.lab.results.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 43

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm weak on the trace elements and how they get to where they are. Or if many of these levels matter. But i do have a couple of questions. Do you perform routine WCs? And what do you dose, how much and is there a schedule that you follow with dosing?

And with water changes and ATO, do you use RODI? And do you own a unit or do you get it from the LFS?

OP
OP
B

bj274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WC a
I'm weak on the trace elements and how they get to where they are. Or if many of these levels matter. But i do have a couple of questions. Do you perform routine WCs? And what do you dose, how much and is there a schedule that you follow with dosing?

And with water changes and ATO, do you use RODI? And do you own a unit or do you get it from the LFS?
WC least 10% weekly
RODI test was clean
Dose All for Reef about 15ml daily right now

Last edited:

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower your AFR dosing as you calcium is high.

As for the aluminum, hard to say the source. Claims of Marine Pure leaching it are bull IMHO. I have used that on Freshwater and Saltwater sets ups, current running in two tanks now, and have never had aluminum in my water tests. Have done two ICP test in the last year and nothing.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower your AFR dosing as you calcium is high.

As for the aluminum, hard to say the source. Claims of Marine Pure leaching it are bull IMHO. I have used that on Freshwater and Saltwater sets ups, current running in two tanks now, and have never had aluminum in my water tests. Have done two ICP test in the last year and nothing.
Yep. And if your dosing GFO and running Carbon, that may be affecting iodine levels.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back