• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fishofhex - TERRIBLE vendor. AVOID

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Fasthandsslowmind

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to take the time to warn everyone to avoid doing business with @FishOfHex

On 4/10 I placed an order. On 4/27 when I finally received it ( Packed using USPS padded envelopes, which is super unprofessional, as the taxpayer foots that bill, but ok) It was missing the glass drill bit for an overflow kit. When I brought this to the attention of fishofhex, they very rudely replied that despite the page very clearly saying it was included, and the price reflecting that, it wasn't. He offered a partial refund ($20) that didn't actually even cover the price difference between the kit with the bit vs without. I did NOT order a kit without a bit. If I wanted to piece this project together myself, I'd have done so from the start.

I requested that he just refund the whole order and asked for a return. Very rudely refuse. So I simply notified my CC company, provided the evidence, and they refunded my money.

I suspect that @FishOfHex is just a 14 year old living in his parents basement, (which would be fine, except for the fraud), as no professional adult in a service industry would conduct themselves like this.

Below is our email convo, make your own judgements (read from the bottom up) :

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.46 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.23 AM.png

Top Shelf Aquatics
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back