Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers, haven’t found any thread like this one. First of, English is not my main language so if make some mistakes feel free to correct me, Im looking for types of fishes and their behavior and habitat throughout or fish tanks, meaning, “open space swimmers”, “top of the tank swimmers”, “middle-rockwork-crevices swimmers” , “bottom dwellers”, idk, i’d love to get some feedback from everyone, i do know many of their types but i’d like to get some experienced opinions, as im new to the saltwater side, this thread should also work for the new hobbyists, as far as i know for example, green chromis are top-open space swimmers, thus they need some kind of open space. Royal grammas are “middle-rockwork swimmers, tangs are wide open space swimmers, etc, i’d love to hear responses from everyone, thanks in advance.

AquaCave Logo Banner

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers, haven’t found any thread like this one. First of, English is not my main language so if make some mistakes feel free to correct me, Im looking for types of fishes and their behavior and habitat throughout or fish tanks, meaning, “open space swimmers”, “top of the tank swimmers”, “middle-rockwork-crevices swimmers” , “bottom dwellers”, idk, i’d love to get some feedback from everyone, i do know many of their types but i’d like to get some experienced opinions, as im new to the saltwater side, this thread should also work for the new hobbyists, as far as i know for example, green chromis are top-open space swimmers, thus they need some kind of open space. Royal grammas are “middle-rockwork swimmers, tangs are wide open space swimmers, etc, i’d love to hear responses from everyone, thanks in advance.
Lots of fishes do exhibit these behaviors during the day time but at night most fishes will have a different behavior when they are resting.

A good aquarium habitat will provide both day and nighttime places for the fish to enjoy.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you go onto somewhere like live aquaria, you will find tank size stats as well as enviornmental descriptions of what that particular fish prefers.

You wont find a one size fits all graph or chart and probably wont touch on any species you like if just asking for general opinions.

You may want to find a species of fish you like and then research it to see if it would be a suitable fish for the enviornment you plan to keep it in.

Top Shelf Aquatics

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go onto somewhere like live aquaria, you will find tank size stats as well as enviornmental descriptions of what that particular fish prefers.

You wont find a one size fits all graph or chart and probably wont touch on any species you like if just asking for general opinions.

You may want to find a species of fish you like and then research it to see if it would be a suitable fish for the enviornment you plan to keep it in.
Yup!
I have always wanted to try a tank full of garden eels. Their heads and bodies protruding from the sea floor are special but they are reportedly difficult to keep alive because they like live drifting feeding and I don’t think I could keep up with their specific requirements. A deep sand bed is not that challenging but the food requirements are beyond my reach.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back