Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting Yesterday, ich had taken the life of my fish in a couple hours with no prior signs before. My other fish also are getting it.

my tank also just spiked ammonia to 2ppm out of nowhere with extremely high nitrates.
WHAT DO I DO?? Need to act fast! I don’t think just water changes will do the job. I also do NOT have a QT

Top Shelf Aquatics

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? What size? Did you cycle the tank? Quarantine is the best option and treat the fish with cooper which isn’t reef safe for at least 76 days by fallowing the tank which means removing all the fish. Quarantine can even be a 5 gallon bucket. Treat with cooper in a heated bucket with an air stone by following the directions on the bottle. As for ammonia. You can do water changes to keep it manageable for the fish and add bottled bacteria. https://humble.fish/community/index.php?information/#quarantine_resources

Last edited:

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? What size? Did you cycle the tank? Quarantine is the best option and treat the fish with cooper which isn’t reef safe for at least 76 days by fallowing the tank which means removing all the fish. Quarantine can even be a 5 gallon bucket. Treat with cooper in a heated bucket with an air stone by following the directions on the bottle. As for ammonia. You can do water changes to keep it manageable for the fish and add bottled bacteria. https://humble.fish/community/index.php?information/#quarantine_resources
Isn’t it 30 days quarantine in copper 76 days fallow?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting Yesterday, ich had taken the life of my fish in a couple hours with no prior signs before. My other fish also are getting it.

my tank also just spiked ammonia to 2ppm out of nowhere with extremely high nitrates.
WHAT DO I DO?? Need to act fast! I don’t think just water changes will do the job. I also do NOT have a QT
PLEASE stop making additional threads about the same thing! It makes it extremely difficult for people to help you when there are posts all over the place. I understand you're stressed and want help, but you're going about it the wrong way.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please do not start multiple threads - it doesn't help.

Fish do not get ich and die overnight.

How long has the tank been set up and was it fully cycled before you introduced fish?
What size is the tank?

If you have no QT, then by the look of the fish the fish is going to die.
You can treat the fish in a bucket if you have copperpower, a copper test kit and a means to aerate and keep the bucket warm.

You are either going to need to restart the tank or let it sit fallow for a couple of months.

Avast

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read on one of his other threads, it’s a 75 with a few big fish, I’ll try and find it

Edit: internet is telling me it wants to sleep and I need to also, but this thread has some info on the tank

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t it 30 days quarantine in copper 76 days fallow?
Yes which means 76 days of fish in quarantine/none in your main display. 30 days in cooper 76 in quarantine/a different tank.

Last edited:

newreef1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m m no expert, but how does ICH kill your fish without any prior signs aka white spots. Also if you saw something white, it could also be velvet, I believe it kills faster than ICH, with ICH it’s normally slower over the span of a couple days unless the fish’s immunity was down maybe due to the ammonia? Did you change something in the tank, I know I had an ammonia issue after I rinsed rocks from the tank? Did you see anything on the dead fishes? Red gills? Maybe ammonia burns?

AquaCave Logo Banner

newreef1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes definitely bottled bacteria!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back