Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180g (6’x2’x2’) that I’m stocking, it has been cycled since august, and I’ve been slowly getting fish for the setup. I’m trying to finish stocking the tank in the next few months, wanted to run my final stocking list by to see what people thought, in regards to being lightly stocked, or too heavily stocked. This is my current list:

2 clownfish
1 royal gramma
12 green chromis
6 lyretail anthias
1 foxface lo
1 blue tang
1 purple tang
1 bristletooth tang

This is my first saltwater tank, kept freshwater for about 15 years, so I’m getting a feel for how heavily saltwater tanks should be stocked. For CUC I’m looking to get trochus snails, nassarius snails, cleaner shrimp, a tuxedo urchin, and some emerald crabs. Looking to have a mixed reef long term, mostly LPS with a few softies, and a couple of easier SPS. Not really into acropora or anything. Given that information, does this seem light, and could maybe have more fish? Or does it seem just about right, or maybe even overstocked? Have a good skimmer, and getting some ulva in the fuge to hopefully help keep nitrates low.

Corals.com
Nutramar Foods

Fichmiester

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180g (6’x2’x2’) that I’m stocking, it has been cycled since august, and I’ve been slowly getting fish for the setup. I’m trying to finish stocking the tank in the next few months, wanted to run my final stocking list by to see what people thought, in regards to being lightly stocked, or too heavily stocked. This is my current list:

2 clownfish
1 royal gramma
12 green chromis
6 lyretail anthias
1 foxface lo
1 blue tang
1 purple tang
1 bristletooth tang

This is my first saltwater tank, kept freshwater for about 15 years, so I’m getting a feel for how heavily saltwater tanks should be stocked. For CUC I’m looking to get trochus snails, nassarius snails, cleaner shrimp, a tuxedo urchin, and some emerald crabs. Looking to have a mixed reef long term, mostly LPS with a few softies, and a couple of easier SPS. Not really into acropora or anything. Given that information, does this seem light, and could maybe have more fish? Or does it seem just about right, or maybe even overstocked? Have a good skimmer, and getting some ulva in the fuge to hopefully help keep nitrates low.
The chromis can be a tough fish to keep. I’d look into damsels. There are some types which are much less aggressive and are great for schooling (I have 5 talbot damsels). I don’t think you have too many fish. That’s what my list would look like for my 150. I’m about to add 2-3 tangs within the next month. Planning to top out around 13 fish, most in the 6-8” size

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back